Duredhel

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Duredhel
Regular

Duredhel

#1 Post by Duredhel »

Hey guys,

I figured i'd never stop being a newbie until I start posting more, so I hope no one minds me opening an artthread.
Basically to post VN and non-VN related art pieces.

I've also decided to help out people looking for an artist. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I can only offer pencil drawings and sketches. I'll still do inked and colored images, but only on commission. However, I won't mind if you get some pencil drawings from me and then have another artist ink and color them (as long as you credit the artists properly ;3).

Sooo to start out with, here are some chibies commissioned by jack_norton (I figured it was ok to post these, since he ULed them himself and I'm not uploading any of the other ones I made for him).

I'll begin the thread with assorted pencil sketches;
ImageImageImageImageImage

If, by any chance, someone does want to commission me, you can find my commission info over at my DA - http://0-duredhel-0.deviantart.com/
Otherwise, ask away, can't say i'll be able to do pencils for everyone who asks, but i'll do as many as I can.
In the meantime i'll upload new and old pieces regularly.

charmwitch
Regular

Re: Duredhel

#2 Post by charmwitch »

Gosh! Your stuff is so nice, man. Ahhhhhhhh. I love it I love it.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#3 Post by Morhighan »

Your art is wonderful! I can make more critiques when I have the time. I am interested in getting some promo-art (and/or short comics) for my project called "Anathema." I'd be willing to commission.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#4 Post by Fawn »

Holy poo those are some amazing pencil sketches 8O

eclipsezero

#5 Post by eclipsezero »

Kind of confused. So you will do pencil sketches for free, and colored ones with a commission?

Duredhel
Regular

#6 Post by Duredhel »

Thanks for the comments guys,

@Morhighan, Sure thing, i'm always open for commissions.

@eclipsezero, Pretty much yeah. I live off commissions, since pencil drawings take me very little time, I figure I can offer them for free without sacrificing too much of the time I'd otherwise be using to do commissions. Inked and color pics take much longer, so I can't offer them for free without it seriously affecting the time I dedicate to doing commissions.

Duredhel
Regular

#7 Post by Duredhel »

Figured I'd update with some old and new art, this time, some inked pieces;

charmwitch
Regular

#8 Post by charmwitch »

This is my jealous face : >:(

These are really fantastic. I would love to see more of your inked work in the future. It's simply gorgeous.

Rapture

#9 Post by Rapture »

Excellent Stuff. That last one is my favorite.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

Seems like your style is close to realism. I think it would fit great with serious stories involving secret organizations, heroic tales and even contemporary stories. Realism really narrows the list of choices. But that does not mean you can't do heart warming stories. Take a look at "Anata wo yurusanai" or "Hotel Dusk" games, they make good use of this realism style.

Hope someone makes good use of your skills (or that you begin to create your own story).

Duredhel
Regular

#11 Post by Duredhel »

@yummy hahah, hardly, in professional illustration circles my style would still be considered very much manga, though I'm glad I got away from cookie cutter manga. Having a style that is overtly manga-ish is considered an extremely limiting factor for professional illustration, though I like it, so I simply try to find a hybrid style that is a bit more serious. I can still pull off cutesy/heartwarming manga style though, but it's hardly a challenge, so I try something a bit more serious unless I'm GOING for cutesy.

I haven't been able to draw much since I've started finals, but I figured in keeping with progression, I'd put up some fully painted pics, old and new :3

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

celectis
Regular
Projects: Eternal Circle | something else in progress...

#12 Post by celectis »

Oh man I remember seeing you around nikos pchat ages ago. SUCH AWESOME STUFF!!! Please keep posting. ' D ' )b
ArtBlog:Image
Open for Commission~ PM for rates.

Liminality
Regular
Projects: Sorayume no Kaze BxG VN

#13 Post by Liminality »

I think I'm in love with your artwork. Wahhhhh I may have to commission you sometime for the lulz, not even for anything to do with a VN. This is awesomeee.
Zuzu of Liminality Project
Game in Progress
Sorayume no Kaze: B x G
See Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8627

Duredhel
Regular

#14 Post by Duredhel »

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#15 Post by jack_norton »

Really cool videos!
/poking
P.S: Looking forward to see Love & Order map ;)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games