Please Critique My Art.

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Sakura02
Regular
Projects: Ecchie Sketchy

Re: Please Critique My Art.

#31 Post by Sakura02 »

I just want to say your art and style is just downright cute and it's on the path to being really professional. You just need to refine your technique a bit.
Check out my critique in the attachment below. :)

Oh I know one eye is bigger than the other, it doesn't bother me very much because I know you are trying to the face in a 3/4 view.

Oh please forgive me for drawing over your beautiful picture :O I just wanted to show you what I was talking about. If it offends you I apologize and I won't do it again when I critique u again.
Attachments
Here's my critique for your last picture
Here's my critique for your last picture

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#32 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Sakura02 wrote:Oh please forgive me for drawing over your beautiful picture :O I just wanted to show you what I was talking about. If it offends you I apologize and I won't do it again when I critique u again.
Nonononono, it's fine. When people draw over my pictures it helps me see the errors better than just saying "OH, HEAD TOO WIDE."
That just makes me go "Then how wide should it be?"

I kind of figured with the folds. Though whenever I do folds like that, I always end up going WAY overboard with it.
Eyewhites. EYEWHITES. I'm telling you, I just keep forgetting. ;_;
I can see how the picture has more depth and such with the colors changed. I'm going to try that next time. I always have problems with blonde hair, for some reason...

Thank you for the critique, it really helped. :]

EDIT: Noticed no one commented on the extremely weird outfit. Collar, tie, overalls, differently coloured sleeves...

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#33 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Double post GLORY!!! Random sketch GLORY!!! Unfinished image GLORY!!!
Yeah, sorry, I've been eating chocolate.

Anyhow, I'm just kind of refining my style and stuff. Not that chibi-ish now.. I think..

On another note, how do you draw this.. cape.. thing.. over breasts? I can't seem to figure it out. :\
Attachments
sketch.png

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#34 Post by LVUER »

@Robert Kirkland:
In the end, how wide the head (or the body proportion or even the whole anatomy) is all depends on you (or your style). But still, before that, understanding human real anatomy will help you a lot, especially if you're more into illustration than making manga.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#35 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Bump.
Attachments
pepperavver.png

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#36 Post by MaiMai »

Robert Kirkland wrote: EDIT: Noticed no one commented on the extremely weird outfit. Collar, tie, overalls, differently coloured sleeves...
There have been weirder outfits that make less sense :)

Also for your latest pic, there is something about the shoulders that bother me. It doesn't look particularly balanced and overall most of the pictures I've seen from you so far-- the coloring and lines aren't too bad, but the figures are so stiff ;_; Like they're just standing I know, but it seems so stick straight that it doesn't look that good to me.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#37 Post by Robert Kirkland »

MaiMai wrote:Also for your latest pic, there is something about the shoulders that bother me. It doesn't look particularly balanced and overall most of the pictures I've seen from you so far-- the coloring and lines aren't too bad, but the figures are so stiff ;_; Like they're just standing I know, but it seems so stick straight that it doesn't look that good to me.
Same here. I can't quite point it out for some reason. :? I need to practice my anatomy more so I can get into more.. less.. um.. stiff figures. More less stiff figures? Yeah, that totally makes sense.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#38 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I think the main thing you need to do is make sure you draw wire/skeleton sketches so you can plan where stuff in meant to go. You can't draw the face and add the eyes, nor the eyes and then add the face. You should plan both of them at the same time. You should study anatomy so you know generally how stuff works and how to manipulate it.

The other thing I noticed is that your anatomy is very chibi like. This is fine, but it means all your characters look about 7 years old. If you want people to look older you will have to adjust the anatomy too. This should illustrate what I mean.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nyu
Regular

#39 Post by Nyu »

You're quite talented! But I think you need to concentrate more on the proportions and anatomy~ And the colouring could be smoother...Just keep on drawing and you'll get better ^_^

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#40 Post by Robert Kirkland »

I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS IN FOREVER!

Mostly because I haven't drawn in forever, but.. bump!

Quickie sketch I need to redo.
Attachments
suisei.png

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#41 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Something else.
Attachments
Suigintou.png