How to disable pen tablet pressure in SAI?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Headache
Regular

How to disable pen tablet pressure in SAI?

#1 Post by Headache »

I don't like to press so hard on my tablet just to get dark lines. I'd like to disable the pen pressure so that I can produce dark lines just by putting my pen lightly on the tablet without having to press it so hard. :(

Umm... do you guys get it? ^^;; I hope so... Does anyone know how to disable pen pressure in SAI?

charmwitch
Regular

Re: How to disable pen tablet pressure in SAI?

#2 Post by charmwitch »

Can you printscreen your settings?
You can either disable it in you tablet's hardware settings or in Sai itself, but I'm trying to figure out how you're having a problem with it! You can usually just make a pen that mimics hardness instead, because disabling a tablet's pressure sensitivity is a bit extreme.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#3 Post by Pyonkotchi »

I don't know what tablet your using, but I know that Wacom tablets preferences let you change the pressure sensitivity so you have to press really hard. or barely touch to get thicker lines

in sai you're able to disable pen pressure with a click of a button. iirc its underneath where you pick your pen size and type or something

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#4 Post by Fawn »

Hmm, when you click on a tool like the airbrush or the pen tool, there should be a little checkable box that says "advanced" next to it right above the box with all the sizes. When you click that it should pop up, and there should be some more boxes you can check. One of them is "density", which controls how dark or light your lines are. Uncheck that and you problem is fixed :)

Headache
Regular

#5 Post by Headache »

Thanks. :)