Where should the puppy go?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Where should the puppy go?

#1 Post by SusanTheCat »

I need to add a husky puppy to this scene. Where should he go? (Remembering that there will be a say box at the bottom.)

Options I've thought of:
- In a basket being held by the old lady
- jumping up into frame
- on the table annoying the cat

The other problem I am having is with the young girls face. I have tried redrawing her several times and I'm getting fed up. Can somebody suggest another pose for her?

Any other hints, tips, etc would be appreciated.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

El Presidente
Regular

Re: Where should the puppy go?

#2 Post by El Presidente »

Disclaimer: I'm not an artist so take any art advice from me with a pinch of salt.

A puppy would not normally be on a table (at least not as naturally as a cat) so being carried by one of the persons sounds better to me, maybe by the young woman, then you could solve both problems at once and give her a new pose as well.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#3 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

Is there any particular reason you need a puppy in the picture? cause you don't really have any room left. Really, I think the only sensible place would be in the old woman's arm, but even that would be unnatural. Any way of putting it in that involves motion (i.e. jumping into the scene) would contradict the calm nature of the rest of the picture. I could see perhaps if it were a full grown dog, you could put in front of the old woman's legs looking toward the other two, but that would imply a dog of considerable size.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the young lady's face. it fits in fine with the background and the face of the guy next to her.

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#4 Post by Miss-Mae »

In a basket being held, I'd say. it would seem the most natural, since the person up there is right... It isn't normal for a dog to be on a table, haha. <3
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

If you're willing to re-draw some, I think you could make the young girl or the grandma holding the puppy.

If you don't want to re-draw anything... or if the dog is the main focus, you should either:
1. Erase the cat, switch with the puppy
2. Or if the cat also must there, puppy on the table, and cat is hold by grandma or young girl.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by SusanTheCat »

Here is the latest version:

Both the puppy and the cat need to be there. The cat has a speaking role. The puppy is there be cause the girl needs someone to be strong for.

In the original story, the puppy gets killed by the evil thing. This being a VN, she will be able to save the puppy!

According to my son, the puppy is "not impressed".

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#7 Post by Midnighticequeen »

:D Yay! Fluffy kitty! I'm loving this project already!