Working Towards 6.14

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: Working Towards 6.14

#31 Post by Jake »

squark wrote:It almost looks like "Tearing" from the image.
It's not, though - it's a completely static image at that point. And tearing only occurs in one axis, and wouldn't be seen in a screenshot! ;-)

To me, it looks like rounding issues on the positioning of the textures as they're drawn out to the screen. Each square of the map in that image gets drawn as a separate blit operation on a Render.

PyTom wrote:I wouldn't count on it. At the very least, to work on this I need a demo that exhibits it reliably on the first screen.
You had only to ask, Tom! Give me a little while and I can have something that demos it quite easily.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

AxemRed
Veteran

#32 Post by AxemRed »

Jake wrote:To me, it looks like rounding issues on the positioning of the textures as they're drawn out to the screen. Each square of the map in that image gets drawn as a separate blit operation on a Render.
Could it be color bleeding from neighboring tiles (or the texture border) due to bilinear filtering?

Jake
Support Hero

#33 Post by Jake »

AxemRed wrote:Could it be color bleeding from neighboring tiles (or the texture border) due to bilinear filtering?
If it were due to bilinear filtering, the colour of the artefacts would be similar to the colour of some of the adjacent pixels; in the most notable cases, however, it's much darker.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#34 Post by jack_norton »

Not sure if you are interested / willing to consider requests for the Android port but an user posted in my forums:
I downloaded the Heileen demo on my phone and it works fine. Not slow or laggy or even too small. My only wish is that all volumes could tie in with the phone volume.
just thought to let you know :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#35 Post by PyTom »

I'm not sure what the problem is. All volume goes through the phone's volume control mechanism.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#36 Post by jack_norton »

Hmm doh indeed reading the question better it seems a kid of silly. The phone volume is like windows global volume indeed! :lol:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Graph
Veteran
Completed: Touhou Mecha Chap. 1
Projects: Touhou Mecha, Eastern Starlight Romance
Organization: Dai-Sukima Dan

#37 Post by Graph »

A little thing I'd like to request: The ability to paste text when you give input to the Ren'py launcher.

Why? What usually happens is that I make a copy or two of my game before I use JCC and Archive the files, just in case I mess up somewhere along the line. For these copies, however, the launcher doesn't remember what file extensions you wanted to archive or exclude, so I have to type those out every time I want to build a distribution.

If it's not too far out of the way, please consider it. I'm sure the folks who build a lot of release candidates will appreciate it. (Alternatively, if there's a fast workaround I've overlooked, enlighten me?)

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#38 Post by nyaatrap »

Yes, the text field of launcher's build/archive is pain to use. I rewrite launcherinfo.py file directory under the project folder instead.