Renpy 6.15 Crashing on Exit

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
myfistus_clarvetta
Projects: K-on!: Alumni Tea Time; Unreachable Man

Renpy 6.15 Crashing on Exit

#1 Post by myfistus_clarvetta »

I've been away from the community "a little while" and just downloaded 6.15 last week, and said goodbye to my old friend jedit whom I always held dear since I started using ren'py in the days of 6.11 for that new editor Editra I saw recommend, but things aren't quite working out. Whenever I exit ren'py it crashes with an error report, and whenever I exit from testing a game, it, yet again, crashes with an error report. I get "renpy.exe has stopped working" from exiting Ren'py itself and "pythonw.exe has stopped working" when exiting from testing a game(and not just with my projects, but "The Question" and "Tutorial" both do it too.)

I know Microsoft error reports aren't generally too useful, but in every instance of the crash, it lists "atioglxx.dll_unloaded" as the cause, so I wonder if this is related to my graphics card somehow. Anyways, it's a serious problem, because every time I exit Ren'py all of my settings get reset. Meanwhile Editra, whom I wanted to point fingers at and blame because I'm still not very well acquainted with, has worked without issue.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Renpy 6.15 Crashing on Exit

#2 Post by PyTom »

What version of Ren'Py are you using? 6.15.3 fixed a crash-on-exit problem. After that, I'd consider upgrading your graphics driver, so we can rule that out.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

SilverGlyph
Tumblr: silverglyph

Re: Renpy 6.15 Crashing on Exit

#3 Post by SilverGlyph »

PyTom wrote:What version of Ren'Py are you using? 6.15.3 fixed a crash-on-exit problem. After that, I'd consider upgrading your graphics driver, so we can rule that out.
The ren'py text editor I'm using crashed when I tried to save it. Am I going to lose everything I typed?