Conflict when building distributions

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
FamuFamu
Regular

Conflict when building distributions

#1 Post by FamuFamu »

This has happened a couple of times. The game doesn't have the distribution options in the options.rpy so it generates them. It usually adds to the options that the directory name becomes [Project name] -[version]. BUT if you try to build the distributions with that, it throws an error saying that directory name can't include "Space, colon or semi-colon characters". Whether the game has (or not) spaces is not so much trouble as it is that Ren'Py generates a name that will create a conflict.

It's nothing too important, but it can be bothersome

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Conflict when building distributions

#2 Post by Asceai »

That's weird. What version of Ren'Py does that? I created a project called testing10 and went to build distributions. The directory name it chose was build.directory_name = "testing10-1.0". If your project name doesn't have a space in it I don't see why the directory name would.

FamuFamu
Regular

Re: Conflict when building distributions

#3 Post by FamuFamu »

Huh, I did another test and it didn't show up. I might have mixed up having spaces with another problem, my bad, sorry.

I still stand by my point that the spaces thing in the directory name can be a bit bothersome though...