Error installing rapt on 6.99.10

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
hiroki2k
Projects: Kaichō Wa Gēmā Desu!
Organization: Fuji Doujin Soft
Deviantart: othork

Error installing rapt on 6.99.10

#1 Post by hiroki2k »

I recently updated my setup to the latest version, but suddenly it stopped building for android, so I cleaned and did a fresh install of the sdk and the rapt, but keeps giving me the same error:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Renpy\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Renpy\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Renpy\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Renpy\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "C:\Renpy\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Renpy\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.10.1227
Thanks in advance.

Thedarkjoa
Regular

Re: Error installing rapt on 6.99.10

#2 Post by Thedarkjoa »

i have the same error, someone can help us? :c

Karizu
Completed: AKUMANGEL (IT)
Projects: Akumangel: The Madhouse Swing (ENG-IT)
Organization: Spin.to Studios
Soundcloud: spin-to-studios

#3 Post by Karizu »

I have the same error too...
Akumangel: The Madhouse Swing: an an investigative-noire visual novel entirely set between the walls of a prestigious mental hospital situated on the outskirts of New York City, during the 40s.
Julia Maine - a young and peculiar detective living in uptown NYC - discovers from her father's old notes that many important men and women, coming from politics or high society, have mysteriously disappeared over the years, under unknown circumstances.
All the researches seem to point to the old St Jeremy House, an ancient manor converted into an asylum, but beside these poor informations, the notes give no sign of hard evidence.
During a period of forced unemployment caused by the critic loss of interesting cases, Julia decides to get hospitalized in the madhouse in order to investigate and resolve the case, firmly convinced that the most of the "mad" patients have actually been kidnapped by some secret organization.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#4 Post by Reikun »

I have this error as well.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\reikun\\Documents\\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\reikun\Documents\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\reikun\Documents\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\reikun\Documents\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "C:\Users\reikun\Documents\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\reikun\\Documents\\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.10.1227
I was previously able to build an apk in version 6.99.7 during Jan 2016...
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#5 Post by Helianthus »

I had the same issue for a while but I've finally figured it out: there's been an update of the Android SDK recently that changes the name of two folders.
And since RenPy hasn't taken that into account yet, there's a conflict. Hopefully, it's not too complicated to fix!

Go to :
renpy-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk/extras/google/
The folders previously known as « play_apk_expansion » and « play_licensing » are now called « market_apk_expansion » and « market_licensing ». Just rename the folders the way they were before and this should work.

Hope it will help some people :)

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#6 Post by Reikun »

Thanks for your help, Helia!! I tried out your suggestion and it turned out that /extras/google/play_apk_expansion and /extras/google/play_licensing didn't even exist in rapt/android-sdk-r24.4.1. I did have those files in my older version of RAPT (android-sdk-r23) so I copied them over without renaming any folders and Ren'py is no longer giving me any errors.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#7 Post by Helianthus »

Reikun wrote:Thanks for your help, Helia!! I tried out your suggestion and it turned out that /extras/google/play_apk_expansion and /extras/google/play_licensing didn't even exist in rapt/android-sdk-r24.4.1. I did have those files in my older version of RAPT (android-sdk-r23) so I copied them over without renaming any folders and Ren'py is no longer giving me any errors.
You're welcome! :D
If the files aren't here in the 1st place and you don't have an earlier version of RenPy to hand, just launch the Android SDK from renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk and use it to add them by checking the boxes corresponding to the "extras/google" folders. It should prevent the issue :wink:

de_nederlander

#8 Post by de_nederlander »

Reikun wrote:Thanks for your help, Helia!! I tried out your suggestion and it turned out that /extras/google/play_apk_expansion and /extras/google/play_licensing didn't even exist in rapt/android-sdk-r24.4.1. I did have those files in my older version of RAPT (android-sdk-r23) so I copied them over without renaming any folders and Ren'py is no longer giving me any errors.
I tried the same, but I don't seem to have the "project.properties" file in it.

I get this error:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\giovanni\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\tools\ant\build.xml:573: ../market_licensing resolve to a path with no project.properties file for project C:\Users\giovanni\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\extras\google\play_apk_expansion\downloader_library

de_nederlander

#9 Post by de_nederlander »

de_nederlander wrote:
I tried the same, but I don't seem to have the "project.properties" file in it.

I get this error:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\giovanni\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\tools\ant\build.xml:573: ../market_licensing resolve to a path with no project.properties file for project C:\Users\giovanni\renpy-6.99.7-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\extras\google\play_apk_expansion\downloader_library

I finally helped.

for people who have the same problem/error.

delete and redownload renpy, then change the names of the maps like is said above.