Configuring as Android Application Issue

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
pandadeath

Configuring as Android Application Issue

#1 Post by pandadeath »

I'm following the steps on the following link in order to build an Android app from my game:

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/android-packaging.html

I'm using Windows 10 using Ren'Py version 6.99.10.1227. I can get through step 2 where an android.keystore file is generated in my rapt directory. After completing that step I'm instructed to configure my game in step 3. However, the "Configure" option isn't selectable in the Ren'Py Launcher. I'm wondering if somebody has come across this issue and has a possible workaround? Thank you very much in advance.

3dmasons

Re: Configuring as Android Application Issue

#2 Post by 3dmasons »

I don't have the answer, but sharing my experience. I couldn't click "Configure" until "Install SDK & Create Keys" was done successfully, and I had a few fails before it was successful. Perhaps that process didn't finish correctly?

pandadeath

#3 Post by pandadeath »

Thank you very much for your reply! It was difficult to get through step 2 where I had many errors. I got through them to the best of my abilities and it generated the android.keystore in the end. I've also tried this on Ubuntu, but the same problem occurs where I'm unable to "Configure" during the next step.

pandadeath

#4 Post by pandadeath »

OK, So I am able to get to the configure screen after downloading the pre release of renpy 6.99.11. It works without a hitch on ubuntu, but on Windows, you just have to re-name android-sdk-windows to android-sdk-r24.4.1, and then it works just fine. Thanks.