[SOLVED] Clear persistents and saves when building a distr.

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
Clef
Regular

[SOLVED] Clear persistents and saves when building a distr.

#1 Post by Clef »

Hi.
I just noticed that when you build a distribution the save slots and persistent variable are not automatically cleared.
So I have to do this manually everytime I want to build a distribution. For the persistent is very easy: there is a button in the launcher and the only thing I have to do is remember to press it (still a problem).
Clearing the save slots instead must be done manually from inside the game.

My suggestion is:
Let the launcher do it automatically when it builds a new distribution. I think it's pretty normal that a new distribution needs cleared persistent and save slots. Maybe you can place a check to enable/disable this option in the "build distribution" page.

If there is the possibility to clear persistents and saves only in the new distribution and not in the developer game that can be even better. Maybe the persistents and saves where useful to the developer and having them cleared from his game can be a pain.

Bye

PS: since I'm suggesting features i'll say this too: can you place Atom amongst the "proposed" editor in the launcher ("Select editor" screen)? I have always used editra since it is the suggested one, but now that I have discovered Atom... it brings things to a completly diferent level. It can be a bit heavy, but I think it deserves to be advertised more.
Last edited by Clef on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

Re: Clear persistents and saves when building a distribution

#2 Post by dragondatingsim »

Saves are saved locally in a different folder apart from your distribution, so you don't have to delete them. If you have made a distribution and another player plays it, they won't have your saves and persistent data.

Clef
Regular

Re: Clear persistents and saves when building a distribution

#3 Post by Clef »

Ok thank you.

My mistake, since I was testing the builded version on the same computer they had access to the same local folder.
Understood.