6.99.11 GUI bug where text doesn't show at all?

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

6.99.11 GUI bug where text doesn't show at all?

#1 Post by renoa-heartilly »

hello everyone!
thank you for your hard work :D
the new GUI looks amazing! I didn't realize it needed an update until i saw it XD

but i have a problem where the things in the pref screen don't show up, this happens with all screen sizes and on a completely new project.
empty_pref_screen.jpg
the 'history' tab appears empty as well, even though a lot of dialogue has been seen.

i tried copy pasting the dejavusans.ttf font into the gui folder but nothing happened, i also tried changing the colors but that didn't work either.

I assume the language selection has something to do with it because it seems to not find the font at all, but the template language selection screen is skipped entirely when making a new project with the new GUI.

any ideas? :shock:

renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

Re: 6.99.11 GUI bug where text doesn't show at all?

#2 Post by renoa-heartilly »

alright, after some testing, it works fine if my project is 1066x 600 but not on any other resolution.
I'm guessing it's because my laptop screen only fits the smaller size, but I'll have to open the project on my other monitor and see how it works (or not) there as well.
i still don't understand how it supposedly 'translates' my projects on the new gui, i don't see a language switcher in the options... hmm...
welp, this thread just became another useless search result for the googles :lol:

MaxYablockin

Re: 6.99.11 GUI bug where text doesn't show at all?

#3 Post by MaxYablockin »

>Shift+G
>Force Angle/DirectX Render or Force OpenGL Render
>Restart Game