0. Prepare Windows PC with lots of stuff running and AVIRA antivirus enabled
1. Start RenPy game that do some work with persistent data and call renpy.save_persistent() inside some label
2. Play this game for a while, then press "X" button on right-top corner to close the window
3. Select "Yes" in RenPy's exit layout to exit the game
4. Check /saves/ folder
5. Start the game. Check achievements / gallery / whatever persistent data.
4. There is a file named "persistent" with persistent data of the game.
5. Persistent data is not lost.
4. There is a file named "persistent.new" with persistent data of the game.
5. Persistent data is lost, new "persistent" file is created, with smaller size.
Run game with bat-script that renames "persistent.new" to "persistent"
A. Our player informed us about disappearing persistent data from Travnica Closed Beta Test.
B. http://steamcommunity.com/app/383460/di ... 074720192/
C. Simple script that we used to reproduce the bug:
Code: Select all
init python: theme.roundrect() label start: python: for i in range(100): val = "x"+`renpy.random.random()` persistent.__setattr__(val,1) renpy.save_persistent() "%(val)s" jump start