ISSUE: Exception. Expected transition to be a displayable

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
RiccardoEndo

ISSUE: Exception. Expected transition to be a displayable

#1 Post by RiccardoEndo »

Hi, Today as I was testing my game I suddenly encountered the following error. It occurs whenever I try to get to the main menu from the options menu. Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 111f97d10>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 111f97f10>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/riccardobucci/Downloads/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 805, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/riccardobucci/Downloads/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1641, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 30, in <module>
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/riccardobucci/Downloads/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 278, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/riccardobucci/Downloads/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2496, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/riccardobucci/Downloads/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2720, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 111f97d10>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 111f97f10>}>

Darwin-14.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.11.1749
Blackout-time_0 1.0

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: ISSUE: Exception. Expected transition to be a displayabl

#2 Post by Alex »

In options.rpy check the line that sets transition from game menu to main menu.

RiccardoEndo

Re: ISSUE: Exception. Expected transition to be a displayabl

#3 Post by RiccardoEndo »

The problem is solved. It was a stupid Semantic error!! "Dissolve" to "dissolve" Thanks :D