Timmer Issue, pleas help [Solved]

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
Sehaf
Regular
Projects: Demon Lord & Yuki Academy
Deviantart: Sehad

Timmer Issue, pleas help [Solved]

#1 Post by Sehaf »

So, had another issue after long time of work this time it's this little thing:

Code: Select all

if status_pinkHair == True:
        add "gui/guibar/bar_pink_hair.png" ypos 95 xpos guiStatusPosX
        $ guiStatusPosX += 30
        $ ui.timer( 10.0, SetVariable("hair", originalHairColor), ToggleVariable("status_pinkHair") )
This piece of code is supposed to be activaded by menu options which turns status_pinkHair = True
And that works so far that the screen in which the code is written does draw the image in the intended location.
Buuuut, the issue is that after 10 sek has passed, no change happens. The status_pinkHair never toggels to false nor does hair change to the value of originalHairColor.
In fact, nothing happens at all after that. No errors or anything, it's just that no update is made after the thing change, which makes me to believe that the screen does not actually trigger the ui.timer

What will I have to write instead to have this work??

I thank the awesome dude/dudette that finds me this answer, I have tried quite a few rewrites based on what I find in this forum and such, but nothing that does what I need.

EDIT: As per usual, I figured it out two minuets after writing here on the forum.
Well, thanks anyway for all of you out there being awesome!!
I'm a GameMaker!
My Portfolio: http://www.bluepipestudio.com

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Timmer Issue, pleas help [Solved]

#2 Post by indoneko »

What was the real problem with that code?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe