DatingSim Plugin/Template

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
ErogamiDear

DatingSim Plugin/Template

#1 Post by ErogamiDear »

Hi! I'm working in a plug-in for renpy, named DateSim. It supports sprite-mapping (for change clothes and expressions without re-draw all the sprite, it works using layers) money and skill (skill class) and a very basic AI (+200 línea of python) used to simulate emotions and love meters. The target is to make munch more simpler to create this kind of Galges. Wath do you think? Its better to work con a template or working the renpy core itself?

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: DatingSim Plugin/Template

#2 Post by trooper6 »

What people normally do is create the code for what they want to do, then they share the code in the Cookbook section. See, for example, this Dating Sim Engine: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31571
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gas »

Mumble... templates, but whatever it's better to have just classes to use at will, not an hardcoded template. Fore example, nothing assure your math will be mine, for skill grow (and how they grow? Directly? Passive, Tokimemo? Grouped, single?...)
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

ErogamiDear

#4 Post by ErogamiDear »

Trooper6 suggested me to read the coockboock. But hey! Its strange that renpy does not have an Package Management Tool or something. The user need to mix and manage modules manually. And that is not funny for a non programmer user. Sorry me if i'm wrong, but, i will start discussing a possible PMT for renpy.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gas »

Java coders again XD.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN