Surgery

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Surgery

#16 Post by PyTom »

Hernia surgery, with the mesh and all, except that it's an umbilical hernia rather than another kind.

Also, just heard from the surgeon... it's been pushed back a week, so it's now the 14th. Lucky me.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

lorddon
Regular

#17 Post by lorddon »

Ugh, so you get to worry about it for another week.
Discipline or Lack - My current projects and my progress on them.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#18 Post by PyTom »

Honestly, the worries stopped a little while ago. Now I think of it as having another week to get things done.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Preludian
Regular

#19 Post by Preludian »

I got a general anesthesia when I was a child, some teeth had to be removed. It was a funny experience. First I was full awake and saw the staff preparing everything and the next thing I remembered was that my mouth was full of blood and my mother had bought me a book to read me. If you're not too old a general anesthesia is a lot less painfuller than without ;)

Have no fear and read you later.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

Now I remember again. When I was a child, I get an anesthetic when one of my teeth is going to be removed (usually they use ice). The price is very very expensive but it still hurt as hell (and the doctor have to change back to ice). The worst is I (actually my mother) have to pay both. The doctor use anesthetic without telling us! Why should I pay for it? And he still have the nerve to say that the pain is just my imagination. Hey! Perhaps I'm still a kid, but pain is not an illusion! Perhaps I should just tie my tooth with a thread to a door knob and slam the door (not recommended for people who can't stand pain ^_^).

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#21 Post by PyTom »

Okay, I will be taking off shortly. Thanks to everyone who posted words of support. The one thing that gladdens me is that over the past few months, I've been distracted from support... and people on the forum have really stepped up to the plate. So thanks, everybody... Ren'Py will be in good hands for the next few days.

I'll have a friend of mine that will let the interested among you know how it went, and I'll get back on line just as soon as I can.

Later.

Preludian
Regular

#22 Post by Preludian »

Good luck and cu soon 100% restored.

SolarSnake

#23 Post by SolarSnake »

I was talking with Tom a few minutes ago, and the surgery went well and he's feeling good. Currently, he's fending off the boredom of the hospital by reading Lucky Star.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." —Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#24 Post by Samu-kun »

If he's already reading Lucky Star, then it sounds like everything's gone fine. =w=

Preludian
Regular

#25 Post by Preludian »

That's great news. A friend of mine used his forced free time to play through all FarCry levels in all difficulty setting :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#26 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yay, that's good to hear. Look forward to seeing you back here, PyTom!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!