Create Characters Renpy

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
FurFles-

Create Characters Renpy

#1 Post by FurFles- »

Hi, can you help me with something?
I do not know anything about drawing and I do not have any friends that draw very well.

Do you know any tools to create 2D characters? or even 3D

Help me please

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

Re: Create Characters Renpy

#2 Post by xavimat »

Hi, FurFles-!Welcome to the forums!

I think your question does not belong to this subforum (This is "Development of Ren'Py, the program itself, not development of games). Maybe it fits better in "Creator Discussion".

Anyway, a couple of answers to you:

1. Look first for free assets. You'll find a good amount in the creative Commons subforum. viewforum.php?f=52
Be careful on picking the assets with the right license for your use (commercial or not, etc.). There are several licenses and it can be confusing for a newbie, but you can ask and we can explain everything you need.

2. There are programs with predefined models that you can use. It's never the same as a handmade draw, but they can be useful.
- "Manga Maker Comipo" (by payment) is an interesting one, but it's not free (you pay the program with some assets and can buy more assets).
- A 3D program is "DAZ 3D", free for the base program and paid for the assets. But I don't recommend it to start with. 3D models are awful unless you are a really good modeler (lighting it correctly is really hard).
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)