In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:04 pm
- Projects: Romance Visual Novel story
- Organization: Thirsty Octopus
I saw a similar thread regarding certain virus detection software throwing warnings (which perhaps are false positives) but I wondered if this was something that people are still encountering? Steam rejected my game because it threw virus threat warnings with the following software:
None of which I have heard of. Popular anti-virus software like Kaspersky, AVG and McAfee all passed so I am not as concerned as all that but is there a way to avoid this sort of thing happening?
- Posts: 422
- Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:37 pm
- Location: Russia
Oh, this has long been in Renpy, even when the gui just appeared.
The trouble with the icons. You do not change the icon through Renpy, but with special programs change
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:40 pm
- Github: uyjulian
There are some crypters you can use to make the exe "fully undetectable" from Anti-virus. Amber is a nice one to use.
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:03 pm
- Organization: Wild Rose Interactive
Would the crypters cause more problems?
Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.
Please check out my games on my itch.io page
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:28 pm
- Completed: Welcome To... Chichester 0, 1,2 OVN 1, OVN 2
- Projects: Welcome To... Chichester
- Organization: Triority
- itch: triority
- Location: England
I would leave those well alone, just in case
Users browsing this forum: No registered users