Alternate Function Support on IOS

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
birctreel
Regular
Projects: Knell of st.Godhrkar
Organization: -Andinomie-
Tumblr: birctreel

Alternate Function Support on IOS

#1 Post by birctreel »

Problem: The "Alternate" function didn't work with long press on IOS

For example

Code: Select all

textbutton _("TEST BUTTON"):
                alternate (ShowMenu("filemain",Data="R"))
                action (ToggleScreen("Mcre"),SetVariable("concha","R"))
I've packed my game both in Android and ios. While Android runs perfectly, that short press would toggle Mcre screen, and long press would show filemain screen. However, it didn't work on IOS: there is no difference between long and short press, and it just toggle Mcre screen, then show Filemain.

If we just write the "action" code, it would be no problem. However, when it comes to alternate, it seems IOS didn't support long press, at least with the current code.

Please let me know if there are any other way I can do different operating to open different screen with the same button. Or if we can fix this problem.

Thank you very much for listening to my problem. I really hope this could be fixed > <

rames44
Veteran

Re: Alternate Function Support on IOS

#2 Post by rames44 »

I’ve never used this feature, but if it’s not working, I suggest that you open an issue over on GitHub - that’s the surest way to make sure it gets looked at.

birctreel
Regular
Projects: Knell of st.Godhrkar
Organization: -Andinomie-
Tumblr: birctreel

Re: Alternate Function Support on IOS

#3 Post by birctreel »

rames44 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:25 pm I’ve never used this feature, but if it’s not working, I suggest that you open an issue over on GitHub - that’s the surest way to make sure it gets looked at.
Thank you very much for this advice!
I've never posted on Github but I will have a try :D