Smooth NVL Page Down ?

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
tnoDcinaP

Smooth NVL Page Down ?

#1 Post by tnoDcinaP »

Hi,

NVL “scroll” action is implemented as an instant jump and I don’t find "page down" usable - compare ebooks where pages scroll smoothly with "ease" interpolation.

I was surprised I could find no discussion of this. My use case of presenting several pages of NVL to scroll through may be unusual - but that may itself be partly because the NVL page scrolling UX is not easy.

(My NVL segments use a draggable VP scrollable with a vbar. NVL sayers have interaction = False. Each NVL segment is several pages of dialogue followed by a menu at the bottom and occasionally with an inline image. The user scrolls through the pages and interacts with the menu at the end – without having to CTC after every single paragraph)

My very limited understanding of the ui. adjustment/ edgescroll code suggests no technical obstacles to future implementation of an option for smooth PageDown scrolling in RenPy as standard – albeit well beyond my abilities.

Generalisation would be interpolate option(s) for all page-scroll/ step scroll actions.

Thoughts? Thanks.