Post-6.11 Plans

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Post-6.11 Plans

#16 Post by PyTom »

I'd like to add these, but there are a few issues we should resolve first:

General:
- It doesn't make sense to prompt the user to add quotes around parts of the character that require them. I think it would be better to automatically add those quotes as necessary.

- Many of the scripts insert 4 spaces of indentation when they really shouldn't.

- Many of the scripts prompt the user to type a filename. I think an advantage here is we can use a file picker.

Color Picker:
- Good to go!

Add audio:
- Voice is too different, we should get rid of it.

- Any chance we can use a file picker to pick a valid audio file? It seems silly to require the user to type it - if they're typing already, why use a macro?

Define Character:

- Seems to omit the comma after the character name.

The rest seem good modulo the general issues. Hopefully, they're resolvable so we can get this in.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

OdysseyStudio
Regular

Re: Post-6.11 Plans

#17 Post by OdysseyStudio »

PyTom wrote:- It doesn't make sense to prompt the user to add quotes around parts of the character that require them. I think it would be better to automatically add those quotes as necessary.
I'm having trouble with that. Every time I try to add quote to it, it would either give me more quotes than I need or it just wont work by not adding the real name or file in. I'll keep working till I get a solution though.
PyTom wrote:- Many of the scripts insert 4 spaces of indentation when they really shouldn't.
fixed that^^
PyTom wrote:- Many of the scripts prompt the user to type a filename. I think an advantage here is we can use a file picker......Any chance we can use a file picker to pick a valid audio file? It seems silly to require the user to type it - if they're typing already, why use a macro?
If i can figure it out, I'll give it a try. Yet to compensate for the file picker, it uses the HistoryTextField objects which allows the macro to 'remember' past entries for whatever you are typing. Yeah, you still have to type the filename out, but only once. The rest are like that too, because they are based on the same bean script. It dose have a drag and drop thing on it but it will put the exact location of where the file is in your computer so you would have to delete some things to get it right.
PyTom wrote:- Voice is too different, we should get rid of it.
It's gone then. Maybe I'll make one for it specifically. Then again it pretty simple it think.
PyTom wrote:- Seems to omit the comma after the character name.
typing error. ^^' Fixed it.

Alright I fixed the errors and here are the new ones.
Thanks for your input. It really help me a lot. If you want specific macros for me to write, just tell me. Till then I'll keep making more and improving what have.^^
Attachments
' Macros2.zip
errors have been fixed. Just extract to renpy/jedit/macros
(14.47 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep.
--Paul Strand