Looking for partner in crime (consultant, writing and art)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

Looking for partner in crime (consultant, writing and art)

#1 Post by GlassHeart »

So I'm looking for a partner for my GxB game (sorry for the misleading title lol), someone to keep me in check and someone whom I can ask for an honest opinion. Stuff like: Is X's arm too long? Does the GUI look good? Is the music fitting? Are there spelling/grammar mistakes (English == second language)? Does this line sound all right, would X say that? What do you think of the character names? How can I tie this and that to the story? etc

Also... I have linearts for some of the sprites (3rd time redone) but my skill in drawing people is not exceptional and if you can draw/color better than me I'd LOVE it if you would help me. If you'd help make some CGs I'd DOUBLE LOVE you.
first sprites that I thought sucked so I'm redrawing them

Even without that, I just need someone to give me ideas or just to talk to about what I'm doing. None of my friends are into VNs and most of them don't understand the appeal anyway.
I was thinking that my first VN should be something I'd finish myself. I still think I can finish this myself but it wouldn't hurt plus I think it might be fun to have a partner. :D

I'm in no hurry, in fact I'm quite the procrastinator. So if you're interested PM me and I'll show you what I have so far(it's playable!).

~♥ For more info on the game visit the blog I made. Thank you for reading! :mrgreen:
Image Image

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

Re: Looking for partner in crime (consultant, writing and ar

#2 Post by Elenakiara »

Hahaha... xD I have to admit, the "partner in crime" part really intrigued me. While I don't have any artistic abilities, I could try and offer some advice and a second eye to proofread the text. :3 I'm more of an action person, so I really feel like adding something interesting to my stories. I think that I could give you advice for what to possibly improve. :3

I'm studying to be a human resources manager, so I'm learning how to keep people working and not procrastinating! ;)
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

I'm willing to help as a consultant. If all I have to do is answer your simple questions than I could give it a go. But please don't ask much about art, I'm screwed if you do that. :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#4 Post by RemnantDream »

Awh, but I enjoy partnering in crime *sadface*

I'm a crappy artist but if you need a consultant or someone to help you with your grammar and spelling, I'd be more than happy to help as well.

By the way, I love your sprites ^_^

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#5 Post by GlassHeart »

Thank you so much for responding! Since yesterday I've been cleaning up the game. The thought of someone else seeing it has made me doubt everything. I spent all of last night redoing the menus (at least those will look pretty ^^")

I'll get it ready and send each of you a link to downoad it and maybe a list of questions. Thanks again :D
Image Image

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#6 Post by Snowflower »

Haha, I love the title. "Partner in Crime" :)

But I'm not much of a VN art person. Perhaps when I improve, I will recontact you.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

GlassHeart
Regular

#7 Post by GlassHeart »

Thanks . my intention was to catch people's attention so I guess it worked :P It wasn't only the art I needed help on, but contact me whenever, I'm still working hard and in need of help :D
Image Image

Zylinder
Veteran

#8 Post by Zylinder »

Mmm, I've checked out your blog and it certainly looks like an interesting project! I'm a little of an all rounder, so if you still need that crime partner, I'm up for it.

I draw a little too (DA over here) so I think I can definitely critique and help out with character arts and CGs. If I qualify for your project, that is. XDD English's one of my main languages, so while I'm not an epic grammar/spelling nazi, I think I can probably spot a mistake or two. So yeah, drop me a PM/reply if you've still got slots opened~ =D

miyoyan
Regular

#9 Post by miyoyan »

Ohh, partner in crime! While English is not my mother tongue, I can help a little. But since you have enough proofreaders, I could help with the art -- I haven't got time to draw something myself, but I definitely can look at what you've got and make suggestions. Also, I love talking about plots and such, so maybe I could give you some ideas :D PM me if you are interested.

NewMember
Regular

#10 Post by NewMember »

It seems a little cliche though the secret sounds interesting you should see these videos for some of the cliches in visual novels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_rY5qGygc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkd6yAbpHQM

GlassHeart
Regular

#11 Post by GlassHeart »

Well most of the cliches apply to a VN with a guy as a main character. But.. thanks anyway? It was kind of funny to watch.
Image Image

NewMember
Regular

#12 Post by NewMember »

Did does videos help at all.

NewMember
Regular

#13 Post by NewMember »

Also you should play sorry babe don't take it personally ichigo the gay student's mother beliefs about privacy was awesome. Just shows that you can make a something as cliche as a story based on facebook different with just a simple change in perspective.

GlassHeart
Regular

#14 Post by GlassHeart »

I'm pretty sure those videos were made as a joke. Sometimes cliches aren't such a bad thing.

And about the game... do you mean Akira? I liked that game, but what I'm doing isn't like that. I understand wanting to do something different, but for my first game I want to have some cliches (it's not like you can avoid them completely anyway). I will do my best to try to write it in an interesting way, of course.
Image Image

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#15 Post by Elenakiara »

Even the most common and overused cliches can be super interesting to read! :) Look at all of the bestselling books, where many cliches are found! :3 Before Harry Potter, there were so many other magic-school stories. She wrote it well, many people read it and boom, success. xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!