Help needed for Fate/Naku no Mayonaka, along with a question

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Xamusel
Regular
Projects: Fan stories, fan games, original works
Organization: Intersect Games
IRC Nick: Xamusel

Help needed for Fate/Naku no Mayonaka, along with a question

#1 Post by Xamusel »

You see, I'm attempting to multitask with my work-load, and I don't have much on my plate for free time. I'm going to be the programmer and writer of Fate/Naku no Mayonaka,, but I suck at art, and that's where I need help.

Now, before I go to talk about my art requests, I have a question that I want answered: Are doujinshi VN's based on more than one universe allowed? Any at all, for that matter (meaning any doujinshi VN's)?

Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to clarify what I'd like to have and why: Bleach characters and Fate franchise characters, because this is a Bleach-Fate/stay Night crossover VN. Granted, I'm not asking for all the Bleach characters, nor all the Fate franchise characters (Fate franchise means the franchise that Fate/stay Night belongs to, which includes Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and Fate/Zero, both of which are to have characters come from that don't from Fate/stay Night). This story, however, is my retelling of the original Fate/stay Night (for a major overhaul of it, anyway, but keeping the Nasuverse rules intact while at it).

Anyway, as to the characters, I'm aiming for the following:

Ichigo (brief images of him in his Shinigami outfit fighting Aizen and losing his power after using Mugetsu, then him regaining it, and then him standing a few feet away from Saber in street clothes while in Shirou's shed) full emotional range

Rukia (Shinigami and street clothing) full emotional range

Orihime (Street clothing) full emotional range

Chad (Street clothing) full emotional range

Uryuu (Street and Quincy clothing) full emotional range

The Gotei 13 (Business Suits) full emotional range

Urahara (normal outfit) full emotional range

Yoruichi (Business Suit) full emotional range

Ryuuken (Uryuu's dad) (Business Suit) full emotional range

Isshin (Ichigo's dad) (Doctor uniform) full emotional range

Bazett Fraga McRemitz (standard outfit) full emotional range

Waver Velvet (Noblemen clothing at first scenes, but moves to an outfit similar to his time in the Fourth Grail War for the Fifth one) full emotional range

Rider (Fate/Zero one, so he gets the same clothes) full emotional range

The Fate/stay Night cast (only if they appear in more than one scene) (the full clothing scheme) full emotional range

Original characters to be added at my discretion (still working on who they are)

Backgrounds will be determined later... yeah.

Xamusel
Regular

Re: Help needed for Fate/Naku no Mayonaka, along with a ques

#2 Post by Xamusel »

Okay, most of the stuff that I wished to have art for was already added in on the engine of choice, so I won't ask for help with that one. The rest of it is needed, that being the Bleach stuff, the few Fate/Zero things and the backgrounds.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

The usual question: What experience do you have as a writer or game-maker? Do you have something complete you can show as an example of your work?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Xamusel
Regular

#4 Post by Xamusel »

I've written some things before that will probably never see the light of day, I've made a crappy game in RPG Maker 2000 when I was in 6th grade, and I'm currently doing my best to get better all the time.

Also, I deleted my current story list on Fanfiction.Net for Quality Assurance, and I am going to do massive rewrites of all my dead stories very soon.

On a side note, I don't know where my first game went, and it was actually complete then.

Still, I can show you a fan work that I made on my own, just give me a bit to put up the link.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

The point is that you have a much better chance to find people interested in working with you if you give them some information about you and your style. I'm only trying to help here :)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Xamusel
Regular

#6 Post by Xamusel »

Don't worry, I understand what you're trying to say. In fact, I thought I'd give a link to the story like I said I'd do, but I decided to put it on this forum and say what some people (it was a contest entry) ranked it as and why they did.

Here's the full description:
A Day in the Life of Minato Arisato

(4/6/09)

Midnight was not the best time to be stuck in the middle of the streets with nobody to turn to for aid, but Minato Arisato was not like average people. He was able to adapt to anything thrown his way, with great proficiency that was bound to stun even the best in the fields that he would put himself in for whatever reason. Still, keep in mind; however, that he had experienced this phenomenon before in his home in Seattle, but due to the time zone differences, it was at 7 in the morning when it did occur. The phenomenon was where people had mysteriously transmogrified into coffins, even the ones he was staying with in Seattle. He still had yet to see people unaffected other than himself, but he did get an extra hour to do whatever, before going to school at least.

Still, it was a pain to use electronics in this environment, as evident through his MP3 Player not working. He figured that it was best to look at the directions to the dorm that he'd be staying at, head to the dorm, and then figure out what the hell was going on wrong, considering the fact that he never knew that time zones would have this effect on him at all. So, off he went, walking from the train station to the dorm, which wasn't far enough away to destroy the time delay, and found the dorm with relative ease.

It came as a shock to him that the building had electricity running at the time, but it was uneventful to get there, so he discarded the shock and went on inside. It was fully lit, for a time when it was impossible to have that occur normally, which would've left him just mildly interested, while taking off his earphones for his MP3 Player, except he heard a young boy say to him, "You're late. I've been waiting a long time for you."

Minato turned his head to where the voice came from and looked the boy over. He had an old-fashioned jail outfit on, which didn't say much about him other than he wasn't normal. He had black hair, a mole under his right eye, blue eyes, and had mysteriously moved over to in front of him, as with a snap of his fingers, he says, "Now if you want to proceed," he gestures his hand to a red notebook that appears on the desk, "please sign your name there."

The book mysteriously opens, and the boy says, "It's a contract. Don't worry; all it says is that you'll take full responsibility for your actions. You know, the usual stuff." All this time, Minato's eyes were quivering with fear that he might sell his soul to the devil, but after a bit; he calms down and signs his name in the Kanji that made it.

The boy then takes the contract and says, "No one can escape time. It delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes to the truth." With a gesture of his hand, the Contract disappeared from sight.

Reality seemed to kick in finally, as the shadowy nature of the time made it known, and the boy said, as he vanished into the shadows, "And so it begins."

As Minato was shocked as to what to do, he heard a girl yell at him, "Who's there?" He turned to face the girl, and saw that she wore a pink cardigan, a neck choker sporting a heart, and a black miniskirt. As she pulled out a gun that was on her leg, another girl yelled out, "TAKEBA, WAIT!" The first girl and Minato looked over at the corner and saw a redheaded beauty wearing a white cardigan and a black skirt, with a red bow on her cardigan.

Finally, time kicked back in, and Minato's music came back on in his MP3 Player. The girl addressed as Takeba looked at the other girl, and realized that she should be grateful for this to have happened.

(4/7/09)

Soon, the older girl walked over to them, and said to Minato, "I didn't think you'd arrive so late. My name is Mitsuru Kirijo. I'm one of the students that lives in this dorm."

Takeba asks Mitsuru, "…Who's he?" because she wasn't sure how to handle this particular scene.

Mitsuru responded, "This is Minato Arisato. He's a transfer student. It was a last minute decision to assign him here. He'll eventually be moved to a room in the boys dorm."

Takeba looked rather worried, and asked, "…Is it okay for him to be here?"

Mitsuru looked confident in herself and in Minato, and said, "I guess we'll see." She addresses him and says, "This is Yukari Takeba. She'll be a junior this spring, just like you."

Yukari cheered up a bit at that, and said, "…Hey."

Minato, worried that the people living here were breaking the law, asked, "Why do you have a gun?"

Yukari looked shocked, and said, "Huh?" Then she calmed down and said, "Well, it's sorta like a hobby… well, not a hobby, but…"

Mitsuru picked up on what Yukari was trying to say, so she said, "You know how it is these days… It's for self-defense." Looking pleased with herself, she added, "It's not a real gun, of course." After that bit, she added, "It's getting late, so you should get some rest. Your room is on the second floor, at the end of the hallway. Your things should already be there."

Before Minato could protest to having to sleep so soon, due to the fact that he lived in Seattle for the last 9 years with his aunt and uncle and their family, Yukari said, "Oh… I'll show you the way. Follow me."

So, as Minato got dragged away, he felt that this would be a day in the life for him from now on. He just hoped that nobody would force him to die or anything.
- Competition Judges' Results -
Results are based on judge's input and direct scoring. Winners are determined by highest score.
The "Comments Score" is based on positive (+) and negative (-) feedback with a maximum of 5 points allocated to it.
Maximum points that could have been earned: 20.
Maximum points that could have been earned in any single score section: 5.
Xamusel - Fourth Place!

•Creativity Score: 3
•Theme Application Score: 4
•Readability Score: 3
•Comments Score: 3
•Total Score: 13/20
Comments:
- Difficult to follow. (-)
- Phrasing didn't always make sense. (-)
- Good character physical descriptions. (+)
- Good arrangement. (+)
- Decent script, for an introductory scene. (+)
So, yeah, that was my style for that particular story. I'm always learning how to tell a story better, and the first person perspective is harder than it seems (that's the writing style that I'm doing for this VN).

Xamusel
Regular

#7 Post by Xamusel »

Uh... I hope that I can bump topics after 2 days... I don't want to break the rules here.

Xamusel
Regular

#8 Post by Xamusel »

Okay, I at least know about the 3+ day rule for bumping... though is that applicable here, guys?