Need artists for my project.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
NewMember
Regular

Re: Need artists for my project.

#61 Post by NewMember »

Need room template completely white with 4 walls each side of the wall a seperate image. Will insert xbox 360 game room and wall paper in it.

NewMember
Regular

#62 Post by NewMember »

Something like this for my room template.
Attachments
Shayna__s_Room_by_AquaArtist532.jpg

miyoyan
Regular

#63 Post by miyoyan »

Please don't double post, you can edit your posts :) (look in the down right corner of the post, just next to the "quote" bit)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#64 Post by Blue Lemma »

Please don't double post, you can edit your posts :) (look in the down right corner of the post, just next to the "quote" bit)
Yep, please follow this :)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

OdysseyStudio
Regular

#65 Post by OdysseyStudio »

Taleweaver wrote:Please, a little more concise:

- What sort of VN are you trying to make? Tell us a little about the story!
- What art style are you looking for? Manga? Classic comic? Realistic? Artsy? (It IS hard to tell from the photos you posted...)
- How much work would an artist need to do for you? How many characters, how many poses, how many emotions? How many pieces of BG art?
- What other projects have you already completed? Do you have anything to show for yourself? Not necessarily another VN, but written works, for example, or other games?

Most artists I've worked with would want to know these things.

I totally agree with Taleweaver. If you are going to try to attract artists, you are going to need to give more information about your story. I'm an Artist, and by the way you are displaying your "Help wanted" ad, you not convincing me to want to do this. If you are serious about making this VN, you going to need come up with a better way to present your idea so you could convince a potential artist, programmer, writer, ect. to even consider your idea. If you at least come halfway in that, I'm sure someone is going to come along and be full fledge to work with you. If just going to take work on your end.

Commissions is good Idea to go about, but at the level of skill your looking at, it going to cost you. Take a look at how I'll charge you:

Sprites(The Charaters in the VN):
-1 Pose with 3-5 emotions-$5.00
or
-1 Character with 2-3 poses-$5.00-$6.00(depending on the pose)

Backgrounds of any kind - $5.00-$10.00 per background

CG's-$10.00-20.00 per

And that for the whole nine yards, sketches, inking, and coloring.

Yeah, it not be that much at first, but after you do some calculating, It will add up. You said It's going to be under 50 or so characters, or backgrounds. If that the case it will cost a bit of dough.

But on the bright side, you have the freedom to shop around. Deviantart is one of the best web site to look around for potential artist, like me. Plus they might give you special deals, or something in that realm. Like for example, I could give you one Character sprite set, one background, and one CG scene for free if you ask for 5-7 different orders, or something of that matter. Another thing to consider is that most artist will ask for the money first before working on any given project you request from them. For me I'll only ask for half, then the rest once the project is complete, but that just me.

Well I hope this was a help to you anybody else who might be doing this. ENJOY ^^
The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep.
--Paul Strand

NewMember
Regular

#66 Post by NewMember »

Let's review who is currently in the project.(Correct me if wrong)

Platonic heart is doing first dreamcast fanboy and plant boy.
It seems lordcoudx is also doing dreamcast fanboy.
And Sapphie is doing the pictures I have given him.

And odysseystudio has been offered to do my the backgrounds.
And Scenario been offered to proof read it.

NewMember
Regular

#67 Post by NewMember »

Was anyone able to open the file in the front page.

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#68 Post by platonicheart »

Could you draw a bigger drawing of what the dreamcast fanboy is wearing (*sigh, yes, I don't know what dreamcast is -_- ) :)

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by HigurashiKira »

I find it odd how people are diving blindly into this without knowing what's the plot of this gane nor information on the characters. You know that adding that information can really help.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#71 Post by lordcloudx »

Here's the Dreamcast Fanboy #2.
Attachments
dcfanboy.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

NewMember
Regular

#72 Post by NewMember »

Thank you though can his second leg be down.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#73 Post by lordcloudx »

Heh, you should include more details about the characters and the pose you want them to be in then. I'll fix that in a day or two.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

NewMember
Regular

#74 Post by NewMember »

Scenario has been given a preview of it. Though this is before middle school in which you meet the characters. Wasn't any of you able to open it in novelty engine the file in the front page.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#75 Post by Blue Lemma »

This recruitment thread has gotten quite long. May I suggest trading pictures and coordinating work via email since you've found your artists and this is no longer really anything to do with "recruitment"?

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )