Need artists for my project.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
clannadman

Re: Need artists for my project.

#136 Post by clannadman »

It was taken in the dark as well...

This leads me to wonder whether Newmember is actually just a massive troll. No one can be this 'new' about things. Even the name suggests a troll.

NewMember
Regular

#137 Post by NewMember »

I don't have a scanner.I ain't a professional photographer.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#138 Post by manga_otaku »

NewMember wrote:I don't have a scanner.I ain't a professional photographer.
You don't need to be a professional photographer to have a scanner. I have a scanner (well a 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier) and I'm a normal 16 year old girl.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#139 Post by EternalDream »

manga_otaku wrote:
NewMember wrote:I don't have a scanner.I ain't a professional photographer.
You don't need to be a professional photographer to have a scanner. I have a scanner (well a 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier) and I'm a normal 16 year old girl.
I agree. =v=;; (well I'm not 16 but still... lol) And what does scanners have to do with photography... =_= Plus, you can take good, flat pictures if you stand at the right angle (meaning right above the picture you are taking) and this does not require professional photography skills. -v-

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#140 Post by Taleweaver »

It would also help if your sketches were on plain white paper and not on what looks like your notepaper pad from high school.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#141 Post by Blue Lemma »

@clannadman: It's always a possibility. More importantly, though, he is following the rules now, and that is what's required to participate :) If you think he's a troll, the easiest thing is to just ignore him. If you want to work with a person on LSF or not, that's your own personal choice. And we all learn things somewhere, somehow.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#142 Post by Coren »

I'm actually stalking this thread for the sheer lulz. The funny thing is, I actually think this might not actually be a troll, just an extremely immature schoolkid who got internet access.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#143 Post by azureXtwilight »

Me too.

But still, there is the site and there are project members... So this can't be a troll at all.
*I wonder if anyone actually purchased*

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#144 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I agree with Kirroha. I looked at his .xml file, and I'm a little disturbed. His compound use of copyrighted characters and etc says 'ten-year-old' to me. Michelle the Supahfox is kindof cute, but one needs to watch the use of logos, even for dead products.

Sega could always decide at some later point to re-release the console the way Atari did it's 2600 (which did very well, I might add), and I doubt they'd like their trademarks diluted.

Next, I have yet to see anything (other than Michelle, as Sapphi drew her) to suggest this project. He needs a solid concept, and then a writer and an editor if he hopes to get this job off the ground at all.

Finally, selling the art assets wherever without previously getting the artists permission is just low. If I were considering working on this project, I'd've stopped immediately after confirming that this was in fact true. Not sure where you're getting the money for this thing, kid, but seriously, you need to start thinking.

Oh, and one more thing: Did I read you correctly? Fifty characters with fifty or so sets? I nearly kicked my own butt writing a story for eleven. Fifty characters should have every writer here climbing the walls. Eleven gave me pause when I looked at it the first time.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#145 Post by lordcloudx »

Actually, there's a WIP thread here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 57#p150357
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)