Artist Ready to Work! (( Found Work Thanks for looking~))

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Thefinalparadox

Artist Ready to Work! (( Found Work Thanks for looking~))

#1 Post by Thefinalparadox »

• I found a few Projects to hold me over for the summer. Here they are if you wanted to see them, Oh and here's a blog incase you wanted to see the progress on the dating sims. c:

Sword vs. Staff - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=9667
    Final Banquet - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=9602
    Blog - http://motdl-productions.blogspot.com/

Hey there everyone!
    My name's Jen and I've been wanting to make, or at least be apart of, a dating sim for a few years now and as you can see that has yet to happen. That's why I've decided to offer my artistic services to you wonderful group of writers out there~

Alright so here's a basic lay down of what I'll be like as an artist

I'm willing to work for free if it's a free dating sim.
    If it's going to be a commercial dating sim then I demand a cut of the rpofits because I'll be putting in hours upon hours of work on each piece/sprite I make.
    I'm always willing to proofread and give you my two cents about the story so as long as you're willing to listen I'm willing to throw out ideas.
    Try to keep in mind that I do have a life outside of the internet and I'm not working on your art 24/7.
    Despite the fact that I'm not much of a writer I'm an avid roleplayer and I'd love to roleplay with you regardless whether or not we collaborate on a dating sim.
    I'm a really nice person when you get to know me so don't be intimidated to just talk about life and all that good stuff. c:
    Oh and I have a right to reject any work that I just simply don't want to work on/ be apart of.

List of things I'm interested/willing to do

Yaoi/Yuri/Hetro
    Any age
    Any gender
    Most random objects
    Humans are my strong point, but I'm willing to do nekos and things of that nature.
    I'd prefer it if it wasn't a hentai/ecchi one ((but I might be willing to change my stand on this if the plot line is absolutely amazing.))
    Exotic cultures
    Ancient Civilizations
    Fantasy
    Past
    Future
    Steampunk
    Gore
    ect..
    Basically anything as long as it has a good and logical story line.

Things I probably wont do/be interested in being apart of

Weird cute/kawaii creatures ((They really creep me out...))
    Furries
    Really intense backgrounds/landscapes. ((I mean I can do basic/simple stuff but I'm not exactly at the level where I can do really intricate backgrounds and stuff.))
    And that's it really. I'm pretty sure I'll be up for anything else you can throw at me.

Here's my DA if you wanted to see some of my samples. I can do a bunch of different styles and mediums, just tell me what you would prefer and I'll do my best to accommodate your needs and stuff. Oh, most of the stuff on there is kinda old, but I'll be updating a few more recent things in a couple of days so don't fret! c:
    http://teh-nej.deviantart.com/
Last edited by Thefinalparadox on Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

redcat
Regular

Re: Artist Ready to Work!

#2 Post by redcat »

*Bookmarking this page*
Meowwngg...??

clannadman

#3 Post by clannadman »

I feel like writing something simply for the purpose of using some of your suggestions. You've got some good work on there (I like 'Prince' especially). I've got one project that I'm hoping to get finished by the end of the summer (art's already accounted for) but it would be nice to make a game using your style. I hope someone picks you up for now :)

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#4 Post by Silvere »

I'm willing to work for free if it's a free dating sim.
You sure it´s only for dating sims? :lol:

Thefinalparadox

#5 Post by Thefinalparadox »

redcat wrote:*Bookmarking this page*
That's a good sign I hope? xD;
clannadman wrote:I feel like writing something simply for the purpose of using some of your suggestions. You've got some good work on there (I like 'Prince' especially). I've got one project that I'm hoping to get finished by the end of the summer (art's already accounted for) but it would be nice to make a game using your style. I hope someone picks you up for now :)
I'm glad to hear that you like my art style and you'd like to make a dating sim using my style sometime in the future~
Once you're doing with your dating sim and you'd still like to make another one make sure to hit me up.
Chances are I probably, or most likely, won't be super busy at that time so I'll be totally willing to hear any ideas you might have at the time. c:
Silvere wrote:
You sure it´s only for dating sims? :lol:
What do you mean by that? xD;
I mean I can do requests and art trades too if that's what you mean. cx;

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#6 Post by Silvere »

Thefinalparadox wrote: What do you mean by that? xD;
The thing 'bout working for free only if it´s a dating sim xD

Still, nice art! Maybe I will beg for art or something like that in the near future... So prepare! *Evil laughter*
(>^.^)><(^.^<)

clannadman

#7 Post by clannadman »

Silvere wrote: The thing 'bout working for free only if it´s a dating sim xD

Still, nice art! Maybe I will beg for art or something like that in the near future... So prepare! *Evil laughter*
(>^.^)><(^.^<)
I think she means she'll work for free on any non-commercial visual novel. Dating Sims are the most widely played type of visual novel and it sounds like her specialty in sprites is characters deemed date-able by the player.

redcat
Regular

#8 Post by redcat »

@Jen (a.k.a TheFinalParadox) --> Yes, it's a good sign.

If you can draw super-cute anime-styled loli characters with nekomimi attributes, we can make a dating sim games, with pet animals as the MCs. :D
Meowwngg...??

Wolfzau
Projects: Unnamed Commercial Project

#9 Post by Wolfzau »

Really liked your work (especially Mantasquid)

If you'd be willing to draw more.....for want of a better word.....monsters then I have a couple of projects I'd love to work with you on.

nefferinthia
Regular

#10 Post by nefferinthia »

Wow, if I hadn't started on the sprites for my game myself I would totally ask you <3 Good luck on finding a nice game to work on~!

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#11 Post by squark »

Although it's not a dating sim per se that I'm in the middle of writing (RPG/VN Hybrid) most of the end routes are centred around one NPC or the other. If you're interested, I'll edit this post with an attatchment, though If already done just that in a different thread:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=10322
The BIOs I posted there are pretty comprehensive and detail what they're like as people.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

Thefinalparadox

#12 Post by Thefinalparadox »

redcat - Haha, Thank you I guess. xD And I'm sorry but I'm not exactly a huge fan, no am I talented when it comes to overly cute anime styled things. It's just not my fortay, but I do wish you luck on finding someone who is up to doing that with you. c:

Wolfzau- Actually I have gone through a monster/creature phase a few months ago, so I might be willing to work on a few monster oriented projects with you. Though, it'll have to wait a while/ I might have to do it on the side since I already have two dating sims that I've agreed to doing the art to. Just send me some information on the project(s) you had in mind and I'll see if I can squeeze you in. c:

Harumi Fujyoshi - Aww, better luck next time I guess. What kind of Dating sim are you making? I'd love to see the finished product. c:

squark- Thank you for replying to my request/search, but It's not exactly the kinda thing I was looking for, not the mention that two people have already beat you to the punch. Sorry about that and I hope that the guy you already have stops dragging his feet and gets his butt in gear! c:

nefferinthia
Regular

Re: Artist Ready to Work! (( Found Work Thanks for looking~)

#13 Post by nefferinthia »

Ah, my game is far, far from being finished. But if you're interested, the WIP thread's over here; http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=10118 (: