Artist/Scripter/Voice Acting Available

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Sasuya
Regular

Artist/Scripter/Voice Acting Available

#1 Post by Sasuya »

Hi there! I haven't been around for a while, but this summer I'd really like to try and create a visual novel. I can do character designs (It's a very generic anime style). I'm not too sure about backgrounds though. I would definitely give it a shot.

I have programmed a simple game with timed menus and such. I know a good amount of basic scripting. The one thing I have not yet figured out is how to customize my own menu, but I would definitely be able to figure it out if I sat down one day to play around with it =P I am very eager to learn new things with Renpy and give an effort to create other things (BGs for example)

I am actually a voice actress and would be able to provide a voice or voices for the game. All high quality, and great actors! =) I also have the resources to find free sound effects and music if needed.

I have a lot of skills to offer, but the only area that I really have trouble with is the writing aspect in the games... I'm a terrible writer! TTATT Plots, character development, catching the players interest, etc etc. All of these things are what I have trouble with....

So basically, if you have an awesome story or game that you have written out. Or if you're looking to recruit one of these, I would gladly be able to provide any of the above! I am really interested in games that offer a lot of gameplay. Such as timed menus or dating sims. (However I will say ahead of time I would need to figure out how the dating sim interface works) However, if your game isn't very 'gameplay' extensive, that's fine too. I think it would be best to start with something easy anyway =P

Last but not least, here are some examples of my work. These are currently some sprites for a game. I plan on releasing them as free graphic sprites for people to use in their games.

Regarding voice acting, you can listen to my demo reel here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/209722
Although it is a bit outdated. It's from 2 years ago ^^; Since then I have upgraded to more professional equipment and have improved since then.

For examples of coding... Well, it was a game I created for my ex boyfriend. I will provide the game if requested, but I created it a long time ago and there are still some bugs that I probably won't go back and fix.

If you have any questions please let me know! =)

Thank you very much!
Attachments
shinobu.jpg
Mimi.jpg

clannadman

Re: Artist/Scripter/Voice Acting Available

#2 Post by clannadman »

Hey there. I'm interested in your voice work but wondered if you can pull off an English accent? I'm currently making a kinetic novel set in Georgian England and the script is in Old English. I like your variation and if you can do an English accent, I wondered if you would voice the females? Look forward to your response.

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#3 Post by Tachyglossus »

Hmmmmm..... I'll keep you in mind. Sadly, I don't have a script or anything written; I am just in the brainstorming phase of a dating sim. If you are still around when I have made it more... tangible, shall we say, and if you've gotten a better handle on the DSE interface, I think you and I could work well together. I have been trying to learn Ren'py myself, but unfortunately that does not seem to be included among my talents.

redcat
Regular

#4 Post by redcat »

*bookmarks this page*

@sasuya--> Those drawings are cute. I like them. Somehow your drawing style looks kinda familiar to me... I wonder if I've seen your drawing somewhere...

Btw, are you working for free?
Meowwngg...??

Sasuya
Regular

#5 Post by Sasuya »

@clannadman: I really can't do accents ^^; Or well, I would rather not attempt them, in fear of that I will butcher it or not stay consistent.. So I am going to have to turn the offer down.

@Tachyglossus: Sure! I am currently working on a project at the moment, but if I end up getting it finished early, I wouldn't mind trying to script it for you.

@redcat: Thank you very much! Honestly, I don't really have a style, it's really just generic "moe" anime that I tend to see a lot. Also, I've been playing around with new drawing techniques that I have seen around. Also, I really haven't thought about that. I will say that I will provide free labor if the game is not commercial. If you are planning on selling the game for revenue, I would like to be paid some compensation.

Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

#6 Post by Melkoshi »

I must say, your voice acting is impressive. I don't have any script formally finished yet, so I'll keep you in mind.
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

OdysseyStudio
Regular

#7 Post by OdysseyStudio »

Wow,you got some talent there. I,ll make sure to keep you in mind when I finish writing my script.
The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep.
--Paul Strand

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#8 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I *really* wish you were up to working with a group... But unfortunately, we're not making the money to pay anyone.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#9 Post by Morhighan »

I quite like your art!
I'm working on a script right now and I'll contact you when I feel that I've made some headway on it.
Keep up the good work!

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#10 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I have a script complete if you're interested after all... Coding should be done sans artwork soon
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)