Need an Artist for Visual Novel

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

Re: Need an Artist for Visual Novel

#16 Post by emihaumut »

Whoops, I didn't actually mean for that to be angry emoticon. It's usually my keep-my-mouth-shut-cause-I-just-did-something face, lol. I'm fine with your comments. I encourage it actually. It's good if you know what you want.

I guess I'd need some more in depth character descriptions before I really tackle anything, lol. I kind of assumed Alice was a shy, soft spoken and submissive person.

ZombieRamen

#17 Post by ZombieRamen »

emihaumut wrote:Whoops, I didn't actually mean for that to be angry emoticon. It's usually my keep-my-mouth-shut-cause-I-just-did-something face, lol. I'm fine with your comments. I encourage it actually. It's good if you know what you want.

I guess I'd need some more in depth character descriptions before I really tackle anything, lol. I kind of assumed Alice was a shy, soft spoken and submissive person.
Ah, excellent. I'm really glad you're not angry with me. I was getting a bit worried there for a moment. I'm going to look into my plan file and do some potential rewriting of Alice's character so it's more clear what she's like.

Also, one of the big things I'm after with this visual novel is to portray women positively, and not in traditional roles. Hence, I don't want unrealistically submissive women presented as main characters. I think that through presenting them this way, when Takao has sex with whichever character the player chose, the female character won't seem like a "slut", nor the main character like a "player". Though portraying women fairly is just one of my goals of this visual novel.

Ultimately, I want to make the player of the game think about sexuality in a different (positive) way through seeing the events of Takao's life through his eyes.

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll post again shortly with more detailed descriptions of characters. Also, if anyone else is reading this thread, I still need background and CG artists.

ZombieRamen

#18 Post by ZombieRamen »

I just went back and looked at my character descriptions and found that they're not horribly lacking in detail, so I'm going to post Alice's, Haru's, and Kasumi's here. I've also included two scenarios to demonstrate how they would probably react to different situations. The first one is Takao asking for directions to his classroom, and the second is a random popular girl inviting each of the characters to a birthday party.

Alice Peterson

Calm, collected, apathetic
Long blonde hair, glasses
Emotionally static
Likes the cold
Hates loud music and noise
Prefers solitude or quiet company
Philosophical
Likes to read
Intelligent

“Excuse me, but do you know where the 9-2 is?”
“Down the hall and to the right.”

“Hey, Alice! Want to come to my birthday party tomorrow?”
“Hmmph.”
------------------------------------------
Haru Hisako

Outgoing
City girl
Upbeat, happy, cheerful
Emotionally dynamic
Likes large gatherings of people and general chaos
Slightly perverted and sadistic
Loves ramen and hot chocolate
Dark brown hair

“Excuse me, but do you know where the 9-2 is?”
“Whoa! Are you new here?”
“Er, yeah.”
“Sweet! I’m Haru! What’s your name?”
“Takao. I’m sorry, but where’s 9-2 again?”
“9-2... oh jeez. You’ve got Mr. You’re-Going-To-Fail. I hope you’re still alive by the end of the day...”
“Er...”
“Oh, right! 9-2 is down the hall and to the right. Hope he doesn’t kill you.”

“Hey, Haru! Want to come to my birthday party tomorrow?”
“Hell yeah! How many guys are you inviting?”
“I’ve invited three so far.”
“You should stock up on duct tape.”
“Wha - why?”
“Don’t want them getting... you know, out of control. (implied sexual reference)”
--------------------------------
Kasumi Masako

Outgoing
Black hair in twintails
Humorous, sarcastic
Activist for youth rights and equality
Can be upbeat and playful or slow-moving and serious
Congenial
Diplomatic
Loves crab rangoons
Intelligent
“Excuse me, but do you know where 9-2 is?”
“Down the hall and to the right. If you don’t mind me asking, are you new here?”
“Yeah.”
“Ah, I see.”

“Hey, Kasumi, want to come to my birthday party tomorrow?”
“What the...? I’ve never even spoken to you in my life!”
“Er...”
“There going to be crab rangoons?”
“No... why?”
“Forget it. (laughs to self)