Pet Project Revived (Writers Wanted)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Pet Project Revived (Writers Wanted)

#166 Post by Taleweaver »

LVUER wrote:@Taleweaver:
Just like I wrote several days ago, I don't take anymore pet-tan, but Taleweaver have been on the list for a very long time (he's waiting for an artist). So if you can make the Panda-tan path, then I will give it a go... though personally, I think Panda is a bit... I don't know, it's an endangered species and not exactly a pet (though mantis is not a pet for everyone too). In the end though... if you think you could make an interesting story with Panda, hey, why not?
I sure think I can. Also, my artist, lordcloudx, finally made a first sketch:
Panda-tan
Panda-tan
Cute, isn't she?
Last edited by Taleweaver on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#167 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

mugenjohncel wrote:I guess besides the GUI... I'll stick to my story...

Anthropomorphic male dog that looked like your average 35 year old

"POOF" (Disappears)
Should we be worried?

Okay, I'm going to be taking over the script for Koi. Komi-Tsuku is going to give me what he has and I will make the nesscary changes (I've gotten attached to her now). I don't write often, but I'm not too bad at it. May have to hunt down a programmer though. Or I could try doing it myself. We'll see. I'll ask for you to please be generous with the time ^_^ I work full time and have two other projects. I'm sure I can do this since it is small, as long as the deadlines are not too close.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#168 Post by TsukiShima »

You mean, we all will have to draw our own BG? Or write our own BG? Agh, sorry for this.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#169 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

HanaMori wrote:You mean, we all will have to draw our own BG? Or write our own BG? Agh, sorry for this.
I'm probably going to use filtered photos, maybe with some touchups. I really don't have time to paint everything properly, especially considering how long they take me to do -.-

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#170 Post by mugenjohncel »

So uh... resolution of screen anyone?...

My suggestion is 1080px wide x 600px high

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#171 Post by LVUER »

I think it's whether go with Mugen's advice or 1280 x 720...

And about BG, yes, you make your own BG... that's price of freedom ^_^ forget to write this, all BG should be filtered photo. Since BG-drawing skill would be different from person to person, but filtered photos would look more less the same. Perhaps one person who good at filtering could tell what is the best filter (and the setting/parameter) to use.

I think posterize and gauss-blur is pretty much standard for making anime-ish BG.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#172 Post by Taleweaver »

By the way, I think I somehow forgot to add a plot overview of Panda-tan's story...

Panda-tan was found inside a freight container containing fake Louis Vuitton handbags. Nobody knows where she really came from; she doesn't speak Japanese well, and she ended up in the pet store because no one really had an idea what to do with her.

Panda-tan seems eager to fit in and be a nice pet; unfortunately, many people don't seem to like her. Some consider her "suspicious", others outright say she should go back to China (where pandas come from). The protagonist's friends may consider him weird if he decides to befriend her, and he has to choose whether he wants to help her or listen to what others demand from him.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie
Projects: Winning Hearts; Astral Hours
Organization: Forsaken Productions
Tumblr: ForsakenProductions
Deviantart: TheeForsakenOne

#173 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Could someone update the first post, please? I'm trying to follow what's going on but it seems to have just gone shooting off in a different direction from what we had originally discussed and I'm none the wiser. ^^;

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#174 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote:all BG should be filtered photo
WHAT!?...

How am I supposed to participate then?... My method relies exclusively with Sketchup...
LVUER wrote: I think it's whether go with Mugen's advice or 1280 x 720...
I'm voting on 1080 x 600 but I really can't start any work till I know what size we'll be using...

"POOF" (Disappears)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#175 Post by TsukiShima »

I agree with Mugen's resolution, because I myself is using a netbook.. sadly.

But about the BG again, eh? Did I missed something? So it means every pet's story is by different point of view? Including the bed room and stuff?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#176 Post by LVUER »

@Mugenjohncel:
I've send you a PM. Could you make the GUI, please?

@Thee Forsaken One:
OK, done. Sorry it took so long.

-----------------------------------
There's a major update in first post. Everyone please read it.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#177 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote:Could you make the GUI, please?
OK let's stick with the industry standard... 1280 x 720

Now you see... on the original pet project, I already have a draft of my story (and it's just sitting here doing nothing for so long)... Anyway, it's about a girl who owns a dog (actually rescued from the streets)... so this rather big dog turned into a human after accidentally getting involved in the next door neighbor's scientific experiment... good news is the effects will wear off... bad news is... it will take at least three days...

Now I'll try not to spoil the details so I'll leave this rather rushed sketch and leave the rest to your imagination... :mrgreen:

Of course by default... this story is not qualified for this project since this is actually GxD so I'll just help with the GUI... :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#178 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update: Started working on the text box... screen size is 1280 x 720... so far this is the best design I can see for the textbox that will convey that moe-moe feel and yet simple enough to accommodate every drawing style possible... slightly prominent borders with rounded corners and soft drop shadows. The main text will still be DejaVu Sans but the GUI text will use a Japanese font (raster of course)

Tried it using it with different settings and drawing styles, even on a photograph BG...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#179 Post by Fawn »

edit: HA! Uncle Mugen, you so crazy. I've wondered for awhile, have you ever read Franken Fran...? Chapter 27 is about a girl who's dog's brain gets put into the body of middle aged man and she has to care for it like that... It's a very sweet story.
Also that GUI looks good, as usual. Though maybe it should be more neutral? like these:
http://s.vndb.org/sf/65/9465.jpg , http://s.vndb.org/sf/42/842.jpg

@LVUER: Don't worry, I'll be fine :) Once winter break comes around I'll have 4 weeks to finish all the drawings.

And yeah, it would be strange to have an endangered animal as a possible pet- that would be a major plothole. Taleweaver, do you like Raccoons? :O They're actually related to pandas and have the same cute coloring. They're accepted as pets sometimes, too. Here's a guide on them: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/raccoons/a/raccoons.htm There's also skunks, which are also similar in coloring and are often docile (like Pandas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_skunk).

@Uncle Mugen: The current "modern" screen size for vns is 1280x720, so we might use that.

I still must protest on the background thing... Does anyone's story really need completely different backgrounds asides for a few special backgrounds? It'd be easier to just share the same generic house/town bgs and then allow maybe 2-3 extra bgs per person that they make themselves if they need them (for example Iguana-Tan's story has a botanical garden in it that would be drawn separately). That would take down the amount of art we need.
Besides, the MC generally is a normal guy who has a house, right? It'd be fine if we all just used the same house backgrounds at least.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#180 Post by mugenjohncel »

Fawn wrote:edit: HA! Uncle Mugen, you so crazy. I've wondered for awhile, have you ever read Franken Fran...? Chapter 27 is about a girl who's dog's brain gets put into the body of middle aged man and she has to care for it like that... It's a very sweet story.
http://www.citymanga.com/franken_fran/chapter-27/
Out of curiosity I did... and yes I read it and...

Honestly, I was kinda shocked to see how similar that chapter was to my own draft... even the body shape and built of the man(dog) is very similar... though I also realized how low my power level is when it comes to writing good stories ;_;

Oh well... guess the lines in my palm suggests my destiny is and will always be in the graphics department... anyway, thanks for sharing...

"POOF" (Disappears)