Looking for help (I'm programming challenged ><)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
RenFlower

Looking for help (I'm programming challenged ><)

#1 Post by RenFlower »

Okay, I want to make a game and I have the Idea but I need someone to program and draw it etc...

Story:
Ella is a preppy 18 year old in her last year of high school. School has just started and she has decided the she's gonna confess to her crush, but on the way to school she was hit by a truck saving a kid from getting hit. The kid survived but she was in critical condition it the E.R. and then was visited by the kids mother(who was a spirit or goddess) and as thanks she gave Ella a second chance, but there's a catch.
The next morning Ella awakes to find that she's become a boy and that if she can't find love By New Year then she'd fall into a coma and die. So when her parents find out she turned into a boy the re-enrolled Ella as one calling her Elliot, Ella's 'twin brother'.
So will Ella confess or just become friends with her crush? Will she find love in someone new? Will she tell her best friend the truth?

so tell me what ya think. the rating hasn't be picked yet idc what it is.

Programmer: zorexx
Artist: ?
Writer: Me (RenFlower)

BL/GL/(HL?)
Last edited by RenFlower on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Looking for help (I'm programming challenged ><)

#2 Post by fleet »

Stating what the story idea is might inspire someone to give you a response.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

RenFlower

#3 Post by RenFlower »

fleet wrote:Stating what the story idea is might inspire someone to give you a response.
Yeah I see that now thx ^^ I updated it with the story. :lol: :oops:

Soraminako
Veteran
Projects: A thingie without a title. With messy code.

#4 Post by Soraminako »

Sounds like an awesome story! Too bad I won't have time to help, but I'll play the game when it's done! :)

I vote for there to be a BL route at least, where she stays a boy and still goes after her crush. But it's cool also if it's possible to have a girl route too. :D

If you stick around the forum you can learn a lot about ren'py pretty fast! You could always try and see if you can start it on your own, since it's easier to find one person to help than two, and that way you'd only need an artist.

I'm just saying because the idea seems really interesting and I'd really like to play it.

I'm programming challenged too so I'm trying to learn so I can make my game. I've been learning little by little even if it's still hard.
(I drew my avatar especially to express the scary feeling I get from the code as I type it... XD)

zorexx

#5 Post by zorexx »

Interesting story, pm sent. (Programmer)