Let's make a VN together! /o/

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Let's make a VN together! /o/

#1 Post by Elze »

I'm looking for a writer/programmer/team to get together and complete a short VN.
Kind of like a nanoreno, but with our own target time. I'm looking at a release date before christmas. * u *
If it's christmas themed, even better!

I am offering my skills as a sprite and CG artist. I will not do bgs since they take me too long.

To avoid a lengthy story, let's just say I'm coding something at the moment, and I'd like to work on some VN art in the meantime as practice. My main concern lies with being able to see the game finished. It doesn't matter if you're halfway through your VN or have just thought of an idea, as long as you think it's possible to get it done by december. Do also take the amount of art required into consideration, since I won't be able to complete, say, 30 sprites and 50 CGs within the 2-3 months.

Regarding my preferences..
+ otome games. GxB preferred, but BxG and BxB is fine too
+ comedy and fluff
+ slice of life, or fantasy
- sappy drama and tragedy
- KN
- ambitious plots with loopholes

If you think you have a story I might be interested in, just comment here or pm me! If you're already working on your VN and think it can be finished before christmas, feel free to contact me as well. I'm not looking to be 'hired as an artist', but to be welcomed on your team, so I do expect to be regularly updated on your progress and to know the story. I'm no professional artist so please don't expect too much from me, but I promise to do my best as long as you do the same. Hmm for art examples, my DP was drawn by me, and I have some artworks in the art dumpage thread. If you need more, just drop me a pm. Thanks for reading! ^^
*crosses fingers*

By the way, this isn't based on first come first serve. I'll look over any offers I get and then I'll get back to you if I choose yours <3
..If I don't fancy any of the offers or even get any then I'll just channel all my attention to coding. OTL

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

Re: Let's make a VN together! /o/

#2 Post by RemnantDream »

I actually have a pretty short VN I started a long time ago. It's about halfway written but I shall pm you the details ^_^

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#3 Post by GeneDNC »

I love your work! Sending you a pm now.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#4 Post by Coren »

Sent you a PM. :) Just a short and simple project.

Elze
Veteran

#5 Post by Elze »

All pms replieddd /o/
I'm still keeping a lookout for projects so send your idea or WIP my way if you're interested in working with me. Thanks! :'D

Crusher
Regular

#6 Post by Crusher »

How long will you be waiting for requests?

I just started my first (and maybe only) visual novel and am still waiting for someone to answer about the art, but since I haven't got any answer for almost two weeks now I'm starting to consider asking here - and your avatar looks amazing. Since I can't offer more than storywriting (not even coding since I use novelty so I can concentrate on the plot) and never wrote anything before I'm kind of nervous to do that though, so I'd like to make sure to get it as good as possible until I start bothering someone with it.
The key points of the story concept are done and so far I have 16k words in German (The translation will follow when I'm finished) - including character names - which should be about 1/4 of the whole story. 6 characters are included. So it could maybe be possible until December, I don't know about that though. I guess it would fit into the "ambitious plots", but it's extremely dark. Dealing with themes such as suicide, losing people, the value of your own life compared to others, fear and similar dark sides of every human.

Anyway, I shouldn't blabber around so much. I'd send you a pm if there's still enough time.

Elze
Veteran

#7 Post by Elze »

I'm not sure.. It really depends. I'd rather avoid making a hasty decision and to have more choices to choose from. After all, it's going to be 2-3 months of dedication, so I'm definitely picking something that I'd enjoy being a part of. But if a project comes along that I'd really love to work on, I may just decide there and then immediately. <3

The main reason why I'm not fond of ambitious plots is because they're potential traps for confusing plot lines with too many loopholes. It's very easy for writers of this genre(psychological, slice of life, drama) to either forget that the players can't read their minds and therefore omit a lot of necessary info, or end up boring the players with too much explanatory prose. It's not a genre that can be easily tackled within 2-3 months, especially in VN format where you have to think of how the images work with the literature. (It'll be redundant to make it into a VN if the story works fine on its own without images)

I'd be happy to hear about your story if you think you've got a solid one on your plate though. Just send me a pm whenever you're free ^^

Elster

#8 Post by Elster »

I've got an plot and characters for a BL dating sim, if you're cool with that.

Since I'm a newbie to Ren'py and programming in general, I might not be able to finish by November...Still, I'd love to work with you sometime. Your art's so pretty. <3

Elze
Veteran

#9 Post by Elze »

Thank you! <3
BL's totally fine. I read quite a fair bit of it. I'm actually aiming for Dec, before christmas, since I'll probably be busy with festivities and preparation for the new year afterwards. I'm not sure if I'll be free next year, and I hope to be able to release a game before year end which explains the deadline. ; 7 ; Since you're new to programming, perhaps you can consider getting a co-programmer to help you with the coding? If dec's okay with you, just go ahead and send me your synopsis ^^

Elster

#10 Post by Elster »

...Why is everyone else so brilliant? I'll go start a thread for a co-programmer.

Cool~ I have a few projects that could be turned into non-BL games, but this particular project is rather dear to my heart. And if I finish it by Christmas, it'll be a lovely gift for my co-author of sorts, who helped with character creation and was an excellent plotbuilder.

I'll send you my synopsis!
Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now? - Neil Gaiman

Elze
Veteran

#11 Post by Elze »

All pms replied again. Thanks to everyone who showed interest ; 7 ;
I think I'll decide on a project by the next weekend so if there's anyone else who's looking for an artist for a short or finishing project, pm me before then. <3

Elster

#12 Post by Elster »

Okay! Sent you a PM with the new concept.
Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now? - Neil Gaiman

Leah

#13 Post by Leah »

I have a small idea, but not sure if it's Visual Novel worthy.

Elze
Veteran

#14 Post by Elze »

All pms replied again C: Still open for offers until the end of this week. Thanks <3