Recruiting artists for an adventure title. (Demo up!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Recruiting artists for an adventure title. (Demo up!)

#1 Post by Gear »

There's an incomplete demo with art missing. If you love the story, please consider helping out with the art: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 45&t=15911

Do you have an interest in Visual Novels but don't know where to begin? Are you tired of playing them without getting involved with them? Do you have an interest in Adventure games that are heavy in character development?

Are you okay with working for free temporarily?! (This is kinda important)

If you answered yes to these above questions, then have I a deal for you! (Sort of.) I'm recruiting help for my large VN project, The Time Stones, a 30 chapter-long Visual Novel Adventure Game centered around the development of five main characters and their interactions with each other. The link you just saw goes to the WIP thread of said game, so you can read up on what the game is about, and how it looks.

Now, I know what you're asking. Where did you get that gorgeous brooch? What can I do to help this amazing project? Well, if you can do one of the following, then I would love to have you on board:

Background Art with a comic-book sketchy style (not looking for 3D renders, sorry.)
CG Art (with a dramatic flair, must be good at action shots).
Character (not sprite) art (for concept art and unlockables).

Now, I know what you're asking...again. I would be doing all this work for free?!
Well, yes and no. Once the game is released, it will be commercial, and artists will receive a portion of profits related to the amount of work they produce. If one person does all the BGs, then you'll get a much bigger share (and there are a LOT of BGs) and so fort. Of course, everyone who contributes will be credited in-game. Those who help out a lot get headshots, even!

Do I have to join Polymorphic Games if I work on this project?
Well, yes. Just to keep track of you and keep you in the loop. You will not be required to provide work for other projects Polymorphic does, however.

If you wish to help out with other games Polymorphic is working on, then by all means, let me know. But I want The Time Stones to be a wide social project that shows up on the video gaming radar for its story, characters, art, music, sfx, and everything in between.

Want to join? Let me see a sample of what you can do. I really hope you consider helping out on this project. Together, we can create something amazing.

Thanks for your time!

Current Dev Team:

The Time Stones
Gear (writer, sprite artist, creator)
Merqurial (co-writer)
Last edited by Gear on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

violethills

Re: Recruiting a team to work on a long VN

#2 Post by violethills »

Hey, I'm open for writing. I'm a first in this website, but I've read a couple of visual novels (the kind your working on), so I know the style. If your interested, pm me please! I'm really interested in this kind of stuff!

haven9270
Projects: Untitled cancelled VN project, Academy Daze, Crown and Scale

#3 Post by haven9270 »

I am interested in joining.
You can view my info on the thread I just posted: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=13387

I have no problem with working for free as long as the team is motivated to finish the project or at least finish and release a demo chapter.
PM me if I'm up for the job.

Thank you very much.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Gear »

I updated the main thread to incorporate the need for a sprite artist. However, with five characters and detailed knee-up sprites, this is a huge undertaking for little monetary reward. If you think you can and want to handle it, let me know.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Cinerious

#5 Post by Cinerious »

Hello there! Yeah, took me a long time to show up back on this site. Good to know that we're on a roll :3
Perfection is the enemy of the good.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#6 Post by cloudyssky »

I'd be interested in writing, and I can maybe help out a little bit with the music, although tbh, I'm not that great

Sample of music: http://soundcloud.com/clask

I'm still fairly new to writing digital music, although I've been playing a few instruments for a few years now. I'd love to work as a writer though. I've been really looking for long term projects that I could take part in, and Time Stones looks like something I could get into. I've been working on my own long term project for a while, but it's taking a while since it's a solo project (though I just recently got my friend involved to help a bit). I would love helping.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Gear »

List has been updated. I am now less in need of writers (at least for the moment) and more in need of artists. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Er, wouldn't the styles clash if you have too many different artists? :)

(I'm actually interested. Though I don't think my art is good at all :'D If you are looking for an artist or just a colorist, I'd love to help :))
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Gear »

Yes and no...I try to direct the art styles to be similar, but I'd rather have clashing art than no art.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#10 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Art direction is the hardest part, I know. If you have a want for a solid writer drop me a line, Gear. I can also do some code if you need. I can build 3D environments if you want them. Someone could then do manipulations or what have you to match the needed style.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Recruiting artists to work on a character-driven adventu

#11 Post by Gear »

I know it's a long project, but do what you're willing/what you can. If you see it through, I promise it will be a rewarding venture.

Merqurial
Projects: The Time Stones

#12 Post by Merqurial »

Howdy space cowboys.

I'm the cowriter of our lovely little venture. I joined up about a month ago, and we've made some real progress. It's a lot of fun to be working on something this massive where you still get loads of creative freedom (within reason that is). I'm in it for the long haul, or until Gear murders me for not writing enough. Whichever comes first.

Hisao-kun

#13 Post by Hisao-kun »

Here's my blog, http://hisaokun.wordpress.com/ the story seems interesting enough.

To address the topic in this thread; Changing an art style really isn't an issue if the artist actually knows how to draw, and is not just trying to cover up bad art with it being their "style". I wouldn't mind adapting to the other artists, it seems like it could be fun.

smileholic

#14 Post by smileholic »

Really interested in the story, and it seems pretty challenging.

Here's my blog: http://bianca2d.blogspot.com/, and my livestream (with more current stuff): http://www.livestream.com/smileholic
Pretty flexible with style, but if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Recruiting artists for an adventure title. (Demo up!)

#15 Post by Gear »

We now have a demo up, and we're still looking for artists. Check out the first post for details to play through the demo and see if it's a project that interests you!