NEW PROJECT - RECRUITING ALL! PLEASE HELP!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Kuro Hime

NEW PROJECT - RECRUITING ALL! PLEASE HELP!

#1 Post by Kuro Hime »

Currently new to all this however, I am a writer with too many ideas and wish to share my stories through Visual Novels. Please give this newbie as much help as you can spare. :D

Possible Project Title: Butterflies Are Gold (subject to change if another more appropriate name appears).
Genre: Mystery, Romance, Drama, maybe Tragedy (at the minute)
Synopsis: Candice is a skilled thief who lives her life shamelessly after an emotional loss over her parents death in a car accident. Despite having a brother, she refuses to acknowledge and casts him away, staying out of touch with him, as she doesn't want to go through the loss of another family again. The closest person to her is Amy, her only friend who knows her from childhood.
One night, Candice prepares to steal from the gathering crowd outside the Opera house that was hosting the most famous show ever. However, she fails and ends up getting caught up in the case of a young rich girl being threatened and harrassed. Not only does she witness the culprit's face but manages to get in the way of Kai, a private detective on the case. Since Candice was the only one who saw the culprits face, Kai forces Candice to help. During the case, Kai's assisstant Leo points out that Candice, unlike normal people seems to have exceptional memories of things she sees.
After the case has ended, Kai hires Candice to help him and she officially joins his agency, wanting to live a better life. The three solve more intriguing cases and mysteries together and Candice begins to develop odd emotions towards Kai and Leo.
She is close to Leo who understands her and practically hangs around her all the time but she is concerned with Kai who remains a mystery to her as he seems to switch his attitude all the time.
Her feelings and emotions are further complicated when she meets Jace, a suspect in one of their cases but the continual coincidence that she meets him everywhere changes her view on him. To add, her brother Gilbert shows up and tells her that he had been looking for her for a long time and his behaviour around her clearly shows he cares for her more than just a sister.
In the background of Candice's confliction with love, she is haunted by a past she does not remember. With each mystery and case she solves, the clearer her hidden memory seems to be and she starts to have nightmares of a killer named Lady Butterfly, who always say "Butterflies are gold," after she has murdered someone. It is later revealed that Candice and Kai both have a strange connection to Lady Butterfly and they need to catch her for what has happened in the past.

This is a basic summary of the overall plot/storyline for this project. (Not sure whether its too simple or complex for a VN) If you have any comments, you are very welcome to leave a message with your thoughts on so I can improve it.
If any more information is required regarding characters or subplots - tell me and I will post them up.

This project is desperately in need of:
-Artists for characters and background.
-Colourists
-Music/Sound Effects
-Confident or has some experience Ren’py users.
-Editor
-Proof-reader for script
-Voice actors/actress if possible

Please leave a message if you are interested or just to comment on the plot. Project will start when all posts are filled.

Thank You. Hope to hear from you soon :wink:

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: NEW PROJECT - RECRUITING ALL! PLEASE HELP!

#2 Post by Fawn »

Hmm, have you written much of the script? It's a bit ambitious to try to get people to work on your project if you don't have a significant amount of work for them to start on; especially if they are unpaid.

Before you go looking for people to work for you, figure out how much work you can do on your own. There are plenty of free character sprites, backgrounds, and music sources you can use- many of them you can find here: http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Main_Page

I recommend you make sure you have all your ideas completely fleshed out before tying others into the workload. There have been many cases where people have had others work for them, but then drop the project due to not being organized enough. Have you made smaller games before? It never hurts to make an experimental game first and get your feet wet! :D

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

#3 Post by Kindred87 »

I think that telling us what you've accomplished on the project so far would help, though I personally find little wrong with the post. It's got nice detail and the poster admits his newness to the genre. Though as a heads up, character artists are called sprite artists 'round these parts. Many artists also color their works, for you shouldn't be looking for a colorist unless your artist/s can't color their creations. Additionally, you may want to grab a coder unless you can program the game yourself ^^.

Oh, and if you'd like to make your post a little more interesting, than maybe you could try rewriting your summary so that it's shorter (maybe four or five sentences?) and more attention-grabbing.
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

jaypee_1
Regular

#4 Post by jaypee_1 »

Sure just check out my thread if you're interested.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12609

violethills

#5 Post by violethills »

Hey, whatever proof-reading you might need, contact me, ok? I'm pretty interested in this kind of stuff.
As soon as you can give me the head's up.

Looking forward to working with you.

Arleccina

#6 Post by Arleccina »

Thank you for responding to my ad~
I would be happy to be an artist for you!
I can also voice act if you would like~

misamane
Regular

#7 Post by misamane »

Could totally proofread if you're still recruiting~

OnchoPoncho

#8 Post by OnchoPoncho »

I could be an artist, but not a colorist, if you're still recruiting (:
(As all my art are pretty much pencil sketches >__>)
Though I'm pretty busy so I can't really do much except on weekends
But I manage to find time to finish things before the deadline

Nanahime

#9 Post by Nanahime »

I can voice act ~

Roiya
Regular
Projects: unnamed project

#10 Post by Roiya »

sounds interesting but is the script done?
My DEVIANTART=) contact me there for commisions or recruitment if you likey my art
looking for a project to join
http://roiyachan.deviantart.com/
projects i am helping:
Scattered Starlight (GxB, GxG),
feel free to contact me though if you have an interesting one^^

vitum

#11 Post by vitum »

If the project is still going and you're still recruiting, I can do the coding.

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#12 Post by Egressus »

I can be a colourist. I'd volunteer for artist but I'm not exactly a background artist, so...
I can do a lot in a short bursts of time, but I need stimulation. A lot like poking someone awake.

thisisausername
Regular

#13 Post by thisisausername »

i'll be okay with editing or proofreading :)