(CLOSED) - Game's been released already

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

(CLOSED) - Game's been released already

#1 Post by kaleidofish »

Game has been released! Download it here! Recruitment is now void.

You can read information about the game here.

LOOKING FOR -

An artist that can draw six to eight expressions for each of the four characters. As the preview will show you, all of the characters are shown with the sideimage feature (reducing the workload considerably), while the setting is displayed at the top of the screen. It's a stylistic choice. For that reason, I'm not looking for background artists.

This is a serious drama that deals with themes like uncertainty and feelings of loss, so the cute placeholder images that are in the game now really don't work. I'd prefer a manga/realistic style that conveys that the characters are Japanese. I only have a few guidelines for the character art, but other than that, you will have mostly free reign. :D

---

I'm also looking for some proofreaders/editors that can give detailed suggestions and analyze the plot/characters. Honesty, and a willingness to give lots of feedback, is best here. Critique the piece as best you can.

---

If someone is interested in doing a CG or two, that'd be awesome. I'm not holding out too much hope for that, because of my low post count, zero games to my name, and zero compensation. The project already has free music in it, but if you're a musician interested in composing Asian-inspired tracks for my project, feel free to contact me.

---

So, who am I? And what can I offer to you?

I'm an up and coming visual novelist with a passion for writing and storytelling. In This Dream of Ours is pretty much a 100% complete game, save for work needing to be done on the menu screens as far as coding goes. I can give you a guarantee that your efforts will not go to waste. If everything goes to plan, then the game will be released within the next two months.

In the link below (or here if you'd rather just click that) is a short preview of the first 2.5k words (roughly 20k words in all - it's short), that stops at a pivotal moment in the story. If interested in helping, please post here, PM me, or email me (it's my username AT gmail DOT com). Thanks!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kzead5

[Note: I've gotten more accustomed to the art that the game already has, so I am no longer looking for side-image artists. I've also received feedback from quite a few people (thank you to everyone! you're all being listed in the credits!), so I'm no longer actively seeking out editors. If you still have a critique to send, however, feel free. I'm open to suggestions.

If you're an artist interested in illustrating a few key moments in the story, contact me.]
Last edited by kaleidofish on Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: In This Dream of Ours [Feudal Japan KN/Preview Included]

#2 Post by Fawn »

Could you possibly break up your posts into threads in the idea forum and the recruitment forum? It'll be easier for people to respond if you flesh out the details of the story in an ideas thread and have this thread solely about what kind of talent you need recruited. Just simply edit this post, separate out the parts and make a new thread for the game's concept in the ideas forum here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=16

Thank you :)

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

Re: In This Dream of Ours [Feudal Japan KN/Preview Included]

#3 Post by kaleidofish »

Sure, I'll do that in a bit. Thanks for letting me know about forum procedure.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Musashi
Regular
Projects: Yesoidos

Re: Seeking Sideimage Artist & Proofreaders/Critiquers!

#4 Post by Musashi »

I've made some comments and edits in the script.rpy file. I put all of my input in comments, leaving the original code completely intact.

It's a good story and a great job! I look forward to the release!

Edit: moved commented script.rpy to e-mail to author.
(Work in progress)