Looking for GUI Designer for Yuri KN(NaNoReNo)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Looking for GUI Designer for Yuri KN(NaNoReNo)

#1 Post by silenteve »

First off, people I'm looking for:
~ Programmer: Anarchy
~ GUI Designer: Open
~ Artist (Sprites/CG): Alwerien
~ Composer: Ziassan
~ (Maybe?) Co-Writer/Proofreader: Raindrops

Now on to the nitty gritty: This game is a project for Nanoreno 2012, so production will begin during March.
~THIS IS A FREE GAME! I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY ANYONE! But I believe the experience is worth it (Maybe :p)
~It will be a shoujo-ai/slice of life game. No hentai at all.
~A fairly short game and hopefully very simply made. It's not a "meeting deadlines" kind of project, not really. It'd be wonderful if we finished in March but if we didn't, we could continue the work until we were satisfied :)
~Please speak fairly good English. I can't really speak anything else and if you start speaking in another language, I'm gonna use Babelfish or Google Translate and that's just not going to go over well.
~Looking for easy-going people. (I'm still not sure how to connect with others but you guys can suggest different methods to me.)
~If you're interested, drop a message here or PM me for more intimate details.

Name of Project: My Spring Secret
~It's spring break and the trio of childhood friends are ready for some fun away from school! However, as the end of the vacation comes ever closer, so does the end to the secret of a young blossoming girl, Karin. How will spring break end?

Please, please, please join and help me out DX It's painful to have to do all of this on my own (Like my other VNs) and it'd be nice to try working with others for once :)

~In love (and hope!), Eve.

[EDIT] It'd be lovely if we could somehow get a GUI designer! You'll just have to make/have a Skype, and we'll get you started right away~ You'll work with our programmer to make it work! Please contact immediately if you're interested!
Last edited by silenteve on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Searching for FULL TEAM for short KN :)

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Just as a suggestion. Nanoreno goes by REALLY fast. Make sure you have contingency plans in place. Have a set of free sprites, photographic backgrounds and free music ready to go in the case.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#3 Post by silenteve »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Just as a suggestion. Nanoreno goes by REALLY fast. Make sure you have contingency plans in place. Have a set of free sprites, photographic backgrounds and free music ready to go in the case.
I'm already looking at things just in case :)
I don't know where to find free sprites though. The photographs are easy since I live near a bunch of rivers, grasslands, and weird little hiding holes that nobody goes near. And music...
Well, whenever I try to look up music, I end up getting sound effects. I'm just in need of some easy going piano music I think.

This is going to be a sad little game...
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Try checking out the free resources in the wiki http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Main_Page
There are also these http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=11204

silenteve
Veteran

#5 Post by silenteve »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Try checking out the free resources in the wiki http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Main_Page
There are also these http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=11204
Wow, thanks. :)
You're really nice for helping me out like this. Thank you. That just means I'll have to do a good job on this project :shock:

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#6 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

For free sprites and BGs, this site also has a lot: http://bassnovel.com/select_materials.p ... m&p=0&key=
(You can see the sprites if you click "character")
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#7 Post by Deji »

It'd be nice if you could list the exact number of characters you'll need and event CGs you'll be needing, so we artists can tell if we can manage to work on them during the month before applying!
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

OnchoPoncho

#8 Post by OnchoPoncho »

I can do some sprites :D
But yeah, I need to know how many poses, expressions and characters

silenteve
Veteran

#9 Post by silenteve »

[EDIT]
Characters: (They're all high school freshman.) (You can design your own outfit for them :p I don't care as long as they suit the characters.)
Kari Saitou: Average height. Long, light brown hair, tied in two braids.
~ Caring, lively, dependable, and thoughtful.
~Expressions: None. She'll appear in the CGs though. She's the unseen character.

Yayoi Matsuyama: A little shorter than Kari. Shoulder length, wavy, dark brown hair.
~ Cheerful, genuine, naive, and playful.
~Expressions: happy, embarrassed, surprised, laughing, in love, blushing embarrassment, sad, crying.

Kazuki Endo: Taller than Kari my almost a full head. Long, flowing black hair. Wears glasses.
~ Sarcastic, blunt, level headed, and kind.
~Expressions: Neutral, angry, worried, amused, disbelief, serious, and laughing

Haruo Urasawa: Almost as tall as Kazuki. Short, messy, sandy brown hair.
~ Good-natured, talkative, energetic, and friendly.
~Expressions:smiling, laughing, surprised, shock, serious look, angry, "I'm sorry"

The poses are up to you. I just need these emotions conveyed sufficiently.
Last edited by silenteve on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

silenteve
Veteran

#10 Post by silenteve »

Approx. amount of CG
*Title screen
*Credits
*Backgrounds (Total of 5-8)
*CG Events (About 6-7? Still debating on this.)
Last edited by silenteve on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueeyes1345
Regular
Projects: Short School Dating Sims Game
Organization: Emyth Zandra

#11 Post by blueeyes1345 »

I won't mind helping out with the sprites but I seldom draw female characters but i am willing to give it a try.

silenteve
Veteran

#12 Post by silenteve »

I added some info to the posts for the artists. Well, there it is.
Character info is there, so you can get the gist of what their characters are like. I might sketch something later and put it up so you can see what I'm kind of aiming for.
I figure I need a group by next week so plenty of time before I start making the thing.
Added more details to plot just now. Hooray.

It's an airy, happy, sad, slice of life kind of thing so I prefer that the sprites be rather simply designed, not over-weighed by too many accessories and such.
(And you do know that if you do the sprites, you'll have to do the CG too right?

Ok, I'm just gonna stop now...)

If you're interested in joining, drop me a PM and some reference to your art. :p
[EDIT] An idea of what the characters look like:
quicksketch at school
quicksketch at school
sorry, it's just a sketch really...
Last edited by silenteve on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#13 Post by Deji »

Not to be discouraging or anything, but you may want to cut down the CG/BG amount for your game (and just going with stock or altered photographs for BGs), even if that means re-writing some of the script.

I recommend making a list and tagging them by priority:
  • High/Must have:
    My project *can't* be experienced properly if this CG is missing!
  • Medium/Should have:
    My project would be experienced fully if it had this CG, but it could still work without it. It could be replaced by Sprites, BG and Dialogue. (or if it's a Background, the scene can happen in this other location instead and nothing will change)
  • Low/Would like to have:
    I'd love to have this CG here, but if it's not there, the project won't really suffer. it's just I'd like to have it there.
In all honesty, for a short KN as you say your project will be, I'd expect 3-4 CGs and about the same amount of locations, while I'd expect the amount you have planned for a longer project with a longer development time.
Maybe the artist you have takes 3 days to be able to give you one sprite, and 4 days per CG (because, you know, life happens and they can only work a couple of hours a day in your project), so your 4 sprites will take 12 days and you only have room for 4 CGs before the month is over!

So plan carefully (:
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Ziassan
Veteran

#14 Post by Ziassan »

Hmm if you're looking for piano pieces it's my cup of tea, if you could say something like "I want one sad, on happy [etc]" songs I could make it in short time.

silenteve
Veteran

#15 Post by silenteve »

Ziassan wrote:Hmm if you're looking for piano pieces it's my cup of tea, if you could say something like "I want one sad, on happy [etc]" songs I could make it in short time.
: D Hoorah.

I'm looking for things with a little "spring" in their step. (Haha, I'm so not funny.)
A happy tune, a sad tune, and and a whimsical tune.
I'd love to hear what you can come up with.