~ Closed

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Goddess Viridi
Regular
Projects: Mnemosyne
Organization: MoeRoe

~ Closed

#1 Post by Goddess Viridi »

I am no longer interested in providing anything to this community.
Last edited by Goddess Viridi on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: New Artist Available for Hire!

#2 Post by TsukiShima »

Hello there, and welcome to LSF! I just wanted to drop by and tell you that your art style is really cute, but what I like the best is the colors. Truly colorful. You're on a much higher level than me. >__<

About the price, perhaps you can also state that 'can be discuss' or something close to that? ^__^

Also, while I know you can do sprites well, can you also do CG?

Anyhow, good luck on getting in a project!

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#3 Post by sciencewarrior »

Welcome to the forums. You have a very distinctive style, and I think you will find people with projects for which it will be perfect, but I think you should either do it for free, for a project that really makes you excited and shows real progress, or for a rate that makes it worth you time. Also, remember to consider number of expressions, clothes and pose variations, and how you would charge for them.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#4 Post by Goddess Viridi »

HanaMori wrote:Hello there, and welcome to LSF! I just wanted to drop by and tell you that your art style is really cute, but what I like the best is the colors. Truly colorful. You're on a much higher level than me. >__<

About the price, perhaps you can also state that 'can be discuss' or something close to that? ^__^

Also, while I know you can do sprites well, can you also do CG?

Anyhow, good luck on getting in a project!
Thank you! ... But you are way better than me ^^'

And thanks for the suggestions! I don't have any examples of CG here at the moment but I'll ask my brother to send me the art I did for his game ^^ I've also done some work with backgrounds before but they're very time consuming and I don't think I have the patience to do that right now with school and exams ^^'
sciencewarrior wrote:Welcome to the forums. You have a very distinctive style, and I think you will find people with projects for which it will be perfect, but I think you should either do it for free, for a project that really makes you excited and shows real progress, or for a rate that makes it worth you time. Also, remember to consider number of expressions, clothes and pose variations, and how you would charge for them.
Thanks! I'm going to start contributing a few sprites to smaller projects before charging money or working on something bigger. Art is a hobby of mine and I know I can't draw very well so it feels wrong to charge more money than I would pay myself for it ^^ Haha, I also realized how much more complex Visual Novel programming and designing is. In the past I've only had to redraw a character at the most five times but considering CG, poses, outfits, and expressions it looks very overwhelming ^^' I'll keep this point in mind!

kawaiiprods

#5 Post by kawaiiprods »

I was wondering, do you do CGs? Your art style is very cute btw. If you have any samples of your CG artwork I would love to see it. I need a CG artist. ^.^

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#6 Post by Goddess Viridi »

kawaiiprods wrote:I was wondering, do you do CGs? Your art style is very cute btw. If you have any samples of your CG artwork I would love to see it. I need a CG artist. ^.^
I PMed you ^^

Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

#7 Post by Kitten the Cat »

I too think that your colouring looks awesome! :D Keep up the good work ^^
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#8 Post by Goddess Viridi »

Kitten the Cat wrote:I too think that your colouring looks awesome! :D Keep up the good work ^^
Thanks! I haven't updated in a while though ^^'

OnchoPoncho

Re: Goddess Viridi's Art Topic ~ Sprites and CG

#9 Post by OnchoPoncho »

Your art style is so cuteee :3
Sooooo much better than mine~~~
And it took me like a month to post something with a clickable image but you seemed to know when you registered >__>
(I just like went into space when I saw all these buttons with URL, img, other stuff derp >______>;;)
Also, if you do have CGs, can you also PM it to me? :D
I'm in this project where I'm the only artist and the leader isn't really thinking about getting other artists, but being a sprite/CG/BG is a bit too much for me (especially since my BGs suck @__@)
So maybe if you PM me a sample of your CG, I can send it to the project leader and talk to him about having you as a CG artist? :D
Ah, but this project is non-commercial(as far as I know) so you don't have to send me samples if you want to get payed

Code: Select all

public void thingsILikeToDo(){
	if(!haveWork) { //never runs for some reason
		this.draw();
		this.bake();
		this.sleep();
	}
	else
		this.sleep(); //probably why haveWork is always true
}

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Is it bad that I'd rather hire you for your danmaku making skills than anything else |D?

not that your art isn't pretty to look at.
deviantART
---------------------

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#11 Post by Goddess Viridi »

OnchoPoncho wrote:Your art style is so cuteee :3
Sooooo much better than mine~~~
And it took me like a month to post something with a clickable image but you seemed to know when you registered >__>
(I just like went into space when I saw all these buttons with URL, img, other stuff derp >______>;;)
Also, if you do have CGs, can you also PM it to me? :D
I'm in this project where I'm the only artist and the leader isn't really thinking about getting other artists, but being a sprite/CG/BG is a bit too much for me (especially since my BGs suck @__@)
So maybe if you PM me a sample of your CG, I can send it to the project leader and talk to him about having you as a CG artist? :D
Ah, but this project is non-commercial(as far as I know) so you don't have to send me samples if you want to get payed
^^' lol, I'm not that great... and being an uber HTML geek isn't something to be proud of Y.Y

Sure ^^ I would love to contribute a few CGs! Is the leader of the project looking for a specific style? Also, could you provide some details on the characters or plot? I would also love to see the sprites you've created for the project if you wouldn't mind ^^ I'll send you a few samples depending on what style the leader is looking for ^^

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#12 Post by Goddess Viridi »

lepapillonrouge wrote:Is it bad that I'd rather hire you for your danmaku making skills than anything else |D?

not that your art isn't pretty to look at.
lol, that's embarrassing ^^' There are far better danmaku makers out there but I'm very happy that I'm able to impress someone *^^* Thanks!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#13 Post by TsukiShima »

I feel a little embarrassed to ask this here.. but may I ask what is 'danmaku' actually? I tried Google but it showed thousand of game called 'Danmaku'. xD

Goddess Viridi
Regular

#14 Post by Goddess Viridi »

HanaMori wrote:I feel a little embarrassed to ask this here.. but may I ask what is 'danmaku' actually? I tried Google but it showed thousand of game called 'Danmaku'. xD
Danmaku is the Japanese term for a genre of video game that is most similar to a "bullet hell" in English. The Touhou Project is a popular example of this. I see them as puzzle games because you have to navigate through hundreds of bullets very carefully or you lose the entire game if you get hit once. There are only a few big companies like CAVE that make commercial Danmaku games exclusively for Japanese gamers so most English Danmaku are made by amateurs.

^ This is what the Danmaku part of my project looks like that the moment ^^' But it's mostly a visual novel.

Sorry for the confusion!

Celestine
Veteran

#15 Post by Celestine »

You have really cute sprites. :wink:
But you gotta work on the size of their necks to the size of their heads.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.