Recruiting Quality Artist(s) and Writers for Eroge Project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Flashfire

Recruiting Quality Artist(s) and Writers for Eroge Project

#1 Post by Flashfire »

Programmer here. I'm recruiting staff members for an eroge visual novel project.

Concept

The main concept for this is based on the life of a protagonist belonging to a substantially rich family in Japan. As one of the "yet-to-be-infected", he survives a widespread outbreak of a deadly epidemic by having his body preserved for 25 years. He awakens to find everything he knew changed and evolved and must start a new life and adapt to the futuristic lifestyle of 203X.

Organization and Programming

The game will be organized and programmed in Flash and converted to executable format for distribution. If you were interested and mentioning "Flash" is giving you second thoughts, I'll tell you right now that using Flash as opposed to Ren'py, with my experience allows me to finish it quicker, allows (much) more freedom for the engine and, with proper conversion, puts the game into a single executable. If I find a better way along the way, I'll do it.

-For Artists-

A Character Model

Here's a character model for one of the heroines (not drawn by any of the game staff):

You can use that as the par of quality for art. If you can only draw or only colour, jobs may be split for best result.

Art Style

The preferred art style is bright, colourful, cute and not too realistic.

Adult Content

Depending on the wishes of the staff members, the game may be light or medium on adult content. We're trying to keep it in good taste for the most part, here (though a little fanservice here and there wouldn't hurt at all).

Expected Completion Time

Depending on how busy everyone is, I'm willing to work on this from anywhere from a year (or less?) to multiple years. I will get the programming done very quickly and will work with the engine to make it very quick to add new content.

"What's in it For Me?"

Unfortunately, I'm not the most funded individual and can't afford to commission artists to work on this (unless we get funded somehow?). I WILL, however, offer a good percentage of revenue from the game, if it is quality enough to be sold and everything is worked out to make it possible, that is; I'm not the most knowledgeable regarding such things.

Will it Be Sold Commercially?

If everything works out, the quality reaches the desired level of everyone's goals and we all make sure all the legal issues are dealt with, yes; it will be sold online. Either way, a demo will be released for free on the internet. It won't be expensive if it is sold, it will be affordable and otherwise fairly priced.

-For Writers-

EDIT: We're now limiting the remaining writer spot to someone knowledgeable in Japanese culture and lifestyle that can help us in that field.

What Will I Do as a Writer?

As a writer, you will contribute to the plot, routes you choose to work on, character profiles, in-game text, ideas and anything else you're capable of contributing.

If I Only Contribute One Idea, Do I Still Get in the Credits?

If we use it, of course.

-Final Notes-

Who Else is on the Team Right Now?

I've just recently started recruiting for this. We currently have me (programmer), 2 writers and a talented musician that I'm sure I can depend on.

EDIT: 4 writers, 2 artists and 2 musicians.

Will it Have Voice Acting?

Maybe. Maybe not. If I can get the money to buy that "Smart Mouth" auto lipsyncing plugin, it'd probably get done pretty quick with minimal effort on the programming part. I have great connections to voice actors; no problem there.

How Long Will It Be?

I plan on it being a full length novel. I'd call it short-medium to medium. Maybe longer if it goes exceptionally well.

Any More Questions?

I will be happy to answer any questions anyone wants to ask about this. Add me on one of the messengers below if you're interested.

Contact Info

Last edited by Flashfire on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Recruiting Quality Artist(s) and Writers for Eroge Proje

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for joining the forum, Flashfire. If you haven't already done so, please make sure to read the discussion on Suggestions for Recruiters.

Let us know some more details about your story's world. It sounds like it will take place in the 2030s after an epidemic. What sort of world will the hero wake up to? It does not sound like you're striving for a bleak _Fallout_ style setting, but give us additional information about what new situations and problems your main character will experience.

Keep in mind that most people distinguish content with "a little fanservice" (perhaps a PG-13 movie rating, or a Teen video game rating) from an adult game. If you're committed to creating on-screen explicit content, then let us know. The discussion can then be moved to the adult section of this forum. If you're not currently trying to create an NSFW game, just say so.

Have you created non-playable characters for your story? If so, then let us know who they are, how they relate to the other characters, and what their roles might be. It *sounds* like you're creating a straight love polygon story with one guy and multiple girls, but I could be wrong. Specify what sort of pairings you want to make, if there will be friendship routes or bad endings, or if you want to de-emphasize pairings and focus on a plot.

Flashfire

#3 Post by Flashfire »

Let us know some more details about your story's world. It sounds like it will take place in the 2030s after an epidemic. What sort of world will the hero wake up to? It does not sound like you're striving for a bleak _Fallout_ style setting, but give us additional information about what new situations and problems your main character will experience.

At this point, the world will have recovered from the epidemic. Japan will be repopulated (even more populated, too) and a lot of new systems will exist that the protagonist isn't used to. Having being frozen and woken up shortly before summer ends, he meets one of the heroines that will be attending the school for the first time, after being home-schooled through most of her life. This is the first relationship he makes in the new "world".

Keep in mind that most people distinguish content with "a little fanservice" (perhaps a PG-13 movie rating, or a Teen video game rating) from an adult game. If you're committed to creating on-screen explicit content, then let us know. The discussion can then be moved to the adult section of this forum. If you're not currently trying to create an NSFW game, just say so.

Yes, it will be NSFW. I'm just not planning on making it reliant on erotic content, but more on story. Also, there will possibly be a toggle for adult content.

Have you created non-playable characters for your story? If so, then let us know who they are, how they relate to the other characters, and what their roles might be. It *sounds* like you're creating a straight love polygon story with one guy and multiple girls, but I could be wrong. Specify what sort of pairings you want to make, if there will be friendship routes or bad endings, or if you want to de-emphasize pairings and focus on a plot.

The outcomes of routes will probably vary a lot. There will definitely be tragic endings, friendship endings and romantic endings. It was intending to use the straight love polygon story, yes.

Flashfire

#4 Post by Flashfire »

Considering this is still getting views, I believe it is my responsibility to state that we are still looking for further artists and possibly a writer or two at most. Voice actors wouldn't hurt either, as it is a good possibility that we will add voice acting.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for mentioning this, Flashfire. If you're looking for more help, you might need to look elsewhere. It can be difficult to recruit people here on Lemma Soft -- some individuals are quite busy, and others are hesitant to join a project. That said, if you need suggestions on how to find forums and places to recruit help, be sure to say so.

Flashfire

#6 Post by Flashfire »

Actually, we're doing very well at the moment. I'm only looking for a few more people for this if even. This forum is what found us our lead writer and artist so I'm happy that I posted this here. Thanks for the consideration, though. :)

mj67ai
Regular
Projects: FatexHeart

#7 Post by mj67ai »

Being a character designer most often, the idea could indeed need some work. More with the characters and the world they are in.
However, given that info, I may be interested in the character design area. Depends on the needs as well... but its rather interesting to me so far...

Flashfire

#8 Post by Flashfire »

Sorry, this project was cancelled a while ago after the artist and main writer quit. I must have forgotten about this thread after I made the new one.

mj67ai
Regular
Projects: FatexHeart

#9 Post by mj67ai »

I see...for future reference, remember to label your posts as so once it has, to avoid any confusion.