Artist for hire~

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

Artist for hire~

#1 Post by Aka-kami »

06/27/12 WOW MY COLLEGE PROFESSORS CHOSE THE WORST TIME TO START PILING UP ON THE HOMEWORK;; orz

So basically, I'm currently drowning in projects and papers so really I'm just trying to get as much of this finished before the weekend so I can work on what projects I've already been hired to do orz... I can still do simple sketches and concept art though o: But beyond that I won't have the time to work on anything more until next week.

06/25/12 At the moment I can't really do any more backgrounds than what I've already got... I'm really sorry about that... However, I can still do sprites and coloring, if ever that's what you're looking for. Again, my apologies if you came in looking for a background artist orz If I had more time I'd be willing to take more work but I'm really busy with other stuff as well...

----
Hi. I'm willing to work as either a sprite and cg artist (or a very very slow background artist) for free!

I'm mainly good at anime styled art. My work schedule is usually during Sundays and Mondays, as that's when I'm free. Every other day I'm busy with college and guarantee that I'll be free on Sundays and Mondays isn't a promise either. Though I can work pretty fast if I really want to haha.

All I ask for if you hire me are the following:
  • 1. Not more than 5 characters at a time, please. (that includes 2 poses and 2 outfits for every character)
    2. Your project should be something I'm willing to work on.
    3. You need to guarantee that you will finish your game. If you only have, say, 20% of your script written out and many revisions still need to be done I will not work for you unless your game is really that interesting.
    4. I work at my own pace, please. I have college to attend to.
    5. Credit.
By the way, it doesn't have to be sprites, cgs or backgrounds. I can work as a simple sketch or concept artist as well. I can be a colorist too, if you want.

Alright, now that we have that out of the way, here are links to sample art: Also, I can't really do smut... Unless it's bl then I can probably do some softcore stuff hahaha
Last edited by Aka-kami on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
See ya.

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Re: Artist for hire~

#2 Post by Michiyo6918 »

OMG, I love your art, they are so beautiful!

I don't know but... will you work for a BL visual novel? Well, it's just shounen-ai, there's no H in it. I've only work on the project for half a month right now but I can guarantee that I will finish this project since I've pretty much finished the first bachelor's script (there's only 2 bachelor for the time being) and right now is working on the art. You can check out the game's information here and see if you're interested in it. (I intended to wait until I finished most of the basic in the game to look for a BG artist but... since I saw your thread... :roll: )

I'm currently seeking for a BG artist because my game's setting is in America, it's really hard for me to find any BG suitable... Being my BG artist you don't need to worry about the time, you can take as long as you want (just please don't leave me without saying a word TT_TT)

If you're afraid that I'm just a big talker and that I wouldn't be able to finish it then please just keep me in mind. I will come back and pm you when my game is ~50% complete.

P/s: Excuse for my bad English +_+
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Astrid

#3 Post by Astrid »

I like the pencil line drawings best :)

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#4 Post by Aka-kami »

Michiyo6918 wrote:OMG, I love your art, they are so beautiful!
Thank you :'D
Michiyo6918 wrote:I don't know but... will you work for a BL visual novel? Well, it's just shounen-ai, there's no H in it. I've only work on the project for half a month right now but I can guarantee that I will finish this project since I've pretty much finished the first bachelor's script (there's only 2 bachelor for the time being) and right now is working on the art. You can check out the game's information here and see if you're interested in it. (I intended to wait until I finished most of the basic in the game to look for a BG artist but... since I saw your thread... :roll: )
BL, you say? //immediately interested lol
Michiyo6918 wrote: I'm currently seeking for a BG artist because my game's setting is in America, it's really hard for me to find any BG suitable... Being my BG artist you don't need to worry about the time, you can take as long as you want (just please don't leave me without saying a word TT_TT) If you're afraid that I'm just a big talker and that I wouldn't be able to finish it then please just keep me in mind. I will come back and pm you when my game is ~50% complete.
Haha I'd love to work on your game! By the sound of things you've made a lot of progress already. Plus, one whole route in half a month? By the looks of things you'll be done in no time!

As things are now, I'd be willing to do a few placeholder backgrounds for you (meaning, they'll be sorta kinda complete? They'd lack a lot of details really) and once you're basically in the final stages of work, I'll go ahead and finish them up. If you're ok with that, then you've got me hired :D
But really you just needed to mention that your game was BL and I would have jumped in no questions asked //shot
Astrid wrote:I like the pencil line drawings best :)
Thank you ; u ;
See ya.

Michiyo6918
Veteran

#5 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Really? :shock: Yay! :lol: I kinda got scared that you wouldn't accept my request xD
As things are now, I'd be willing to do a few placeholder backgrounds for you (meaning, they'll be sorta kinda complete? They'd lack a lot of details really) and once you're basically in the final stages of work, I'll go ahead and finish them up. If you're ok with that, then you've got me hired
That would be great :D Just do whatever you feel like. I'm not really good with team-work since this is my first time working with someone (beside my best friend who sat on the same table with me for 9 years, she isn't counted =^=), please keep up with me :)

(I might ask you to draw some CG concept for me since I'm no good at proportion and the thing alike at all =~= will that ok with you?)

So how can I contact you? You can pm me through my Y!M (bup_be_happy61@yahoo.com) or DA or the forum on my blog. Anything is fine with me, I'm pretty much an easy-going person, really :D
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Aka-kami
Regular

#6 Post by Aka-kami »

Michiyo6918 wrote: That would be great :D Just do whatever you feel like. I'm not really good with team-work since this is my first time working with someone (beside my best friend who sat on the same table with me for 9 years, she isn't counted =^=), please keep up with me :)
I'll do my best~
Michiyo6918 wrote: (I might ask you to draw some CG concept for me since I'm no good at proportion and the thing alike at all =~= will that ok with you?)
Haha that's ok o u o
Michiyo6918 wrote: So how can I contact you? You can pm me through my Y!M (bup_be_happy61@yahoo.com) or DA or the forum on my blog. Anything is fine with me, I'm pretty much an easy-going person, really :D
I'd very much prefer it if we could just pm here? DA is pretty laggy for me and i don't have any accounts on Y!M or the thing for your forum orz

I'll send you a pm then with a few questions :)
See ya.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#7 Post by Crocosquirrel »

If you're willing to do backgrounds in some volume, I have a project that's ready for a demo now that could use. A lot of odd, alien sort of landscapes. Interesting five-character story-piece with limited romantic involvement. Drop me PM, and I'll get you filled in on the details.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Aka-kami
Regular

#8 Post by Aka-kami »

DarkSpartan wrote:If you're willing to do backgrounds in some volume, I have a project that's ready for a demo now that could use. A lot of odd, alien sort of landscapes. Interesting five-character story-piece with limited romantic involvement. Drop me PM, and I'll get you filled in on the details.
I'm really sorry, but at the moment I'm really busy in the background department; orz I won't really have the time to do any extra backgrounds apart from what I've already got.

If ever I end up having a good amount of free time again, I'll pm you :)
See ya.

Michiyo6918
Veteran

#9 Post by Michiyo6918 »

I'd very much prefer it if we could just pm here? DA is pretty laggy for me and i don't have any accounts on Y!M or the thing for your forum orz

I'll send you a pm then with a few questions
Then it settled. I will pm you here (Darn, forgot to add this method in. This is the easiest way for me too since I check LSF like every 5 minutes :D)

Pm sent!
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#10 Post by Kokoro Hane »

You have lovely art~

I have a Kinetic novel in the works I need a little art for. I'll give you more details, however, once I have most of the script written out, but it's called "Escaping The Dark" (link in signature). So I won't ask for anything yet, but I will keep you in mind ^.^

This Kinetic novel serves also as a little introduction to my fantasy/post-apocalyptic world, which I will make more VNs for, but this is sort of the test run~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Aka-kami
Regular

#11 Post by Aka-kami »

Kokoro Hane wrote:You have lovely art~

I have a Kinetic novel in the works I need a little art for. I'll give you more details, however, once I have most of the script written out, but it's called "Escaping The Dark" (link in signature). So I won't ask for anything yet, but I will keep you in mind ^.^

This Kinetic novel serves also as a little introduction to my fantasy/post-apocalyptic world, which I will make more VNs for, but this is sort of the test run~
Your project looks really cool! I'd love to do the art for it if ever I have enough free time when you get enough progress on it orz

Until then, I wish you good luck!
See ya.

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#12 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

WoW, your art looks really good!! and cool!!!!
I really really really really love it!!!
I need some character art for the visual novel(otome) I'm currently working on!
I haven't finished it, I'm still very far from that, but I'm not going to stop working on it!!!
I know you said that you won't work for something if it isn't almost finished unless you like the thought of it really much, so...

Here is a small summary of the plot.

It is an otome mystery(GxB) game, with at least 4 obtainable guys. (Who are the ones that I need the art for...)
Well, the main character, a young girl suddenly woke up in a room, in some forgotten mansion, deep in the woods, to find in fron of her three guys, and the only think she can remembers is her name, and somehow her age.
With some help from the guys she tries to find out more about herself, but instead she realizes that infront of her lies another mystery' who are these guys, where do they come from and why is she the ONLY girl in the house.
The thing is that the boys don't know the answers to these questions, or so they pretend to.

I don't know if you like it, but I would love to work with you, and your art!!
A for the time, if you want to help me in this project, you don't have to worry about it, you can take as much time as you want to finish them...
Because as I said there are a lot things to be done before this otome s ready.
Last edited by DiamondRoseTears on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#13 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Aka-kami wrote:
Kokoro Hane wrote:You have lovely art~

Your project looks really cool! I'd love to do the art for it if ever I have enough free time when you get enough progress on it orz

Until then, I wish you good luck!
Thank you! I will contact you when I have the details~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"