Otome Mystery game~EDIT: Found artist.Colorist for Bg Needed

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
DiamondRoseTears
Regular

Otome Mystery game~EDIT: Found artist.Colorist for Bg Needed

#1 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

EDIT: Jeje is helping with the character sprites, and might be able to help with bg sketches! What we need now is someone that can help with coloring the background (or providing us with his own bg)
If anayone has the time and wants to help please write here or send a PM.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey!!! (I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this topic)

I've started making a visual novel some months ago, but I'm all alone on this project. At first I thought it's easy and i can do it on my own, but now I have difficulties with the characters art, the story line and of course the backgrounds.
So I think it's time for me to ask for some help.
Unfortunately I can't hire someone to help me, so I'm asking for free help. I know it might be difficult to find someone (And that maybe some of you will tell me that I can't find someone), but I hope that there might be even one person out there that will volunteer to help this poor little girl here *Puppy Eyes*.
Anyway, I would REALLY appreciate it if someone can help me or even if we can make a team for this project.
Because really, If I continue trying to make this visual novel on my own, I will Seriously never be able to finish it.
Mainly I want help with the art (Characters, cg, backgrounds e.t.c.)

I really, really hope someone will help.
I have looked everywhere for free art but I can't find characters that looks like the ones I had in mind or have enough expressions (The ones I found have only one or two).

Well, if someone wants to help please answer in this topic or pm me!

Here is my deviantart: http://diamondrosetears.deviantart.com/

It is an otome mystery(GxB) game, with at least 4 obtainable guys.
Well, the main character, a young girl suddenly woke up in a room, in some forgotten mansion, deep in the woods, to find in fron of her three guys, and the only think she can remembers is her name, and somehow her age.
With some help from the guys she tries to find out more about herself, but instead she realizes that infront of her lies another mystery' who are these guys, where do they come from and why is she the ONLY girl in the house.
The thing is that the boys don't know the answers to these questions, or so they pretend to.
Last edited by DiamondRoseTears on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

EroBotan
Veteran

Re: Visual novel, Help Please!

#2 Post by EroBotan »

What kind of game do you want to create? Can you describe it? Maybe put some pictures too, because some people with short attention span won't bother to click your deviantart link

Hopefully It will be helpful in getting people to get interested in your project. Good luck :D

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#3 Post by Anna »

Moving this to recruitment might also help, that's where the people you want are :)! Perhaps a moderator can do it for you.

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#4 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Thanks both of you for your replies! :)
I edited the first post giving more details abou it.
I can't add pictures due to the only art I have about it are some of the backgrounds, but I added a little summary about how the story goes on, and about what I've (partly) written so far.

Please listen <3

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

Anna wrote:Moving this to recruitment might also help, that's where the people you want are :)! Perhaps a moderator can do it for you.
Been there, done that.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

Re: Otome Mystery game~Character art and additional help nee

#6 Post by MusicaFate »

Um..../shies. D: Well I can help... or, I'll try too, but I want to know exactly what you need. I can help with concepts and tweaking I guess. I don't really have any worthy references right now, but I'm willing to join your team!
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#7 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

MusicaFate wrote:Um..../shies. D: Well I can help... or, I'll try too, but I want to know exactly what you need. I can help with concepts and tweaking I guess. I don't really have any worthy references right now, but I'm willing to join your team!
Thank you for answering! When you say you can help, you mean with art, or with music, or with writing and ideas?

I mostly need help with the character art, and the background, but any kind of help (like writing a path, or some ideas) could be usefull too!

Please listen <3

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#8 Post by kersplode »

sent you a PM! I'm sorry to say I can't do backgrounds, but I can do the things mentioned in the message as well as general ideas/brainstorming. either way, I look forward to playing this game when completed. C:

jeje
Regular

#9 Post by jeje »

sent you double PM. Hope to get your answer as soon as possible. I like this kind of thing btw ^v^

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#10 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Thanks for sending me a PM.
I've answerd to both of!!

Please listen <3

jeje
Regular

Re: Otome Mystery game~EDIT: Found artist.Colorist for Bg Ne

#11 Post by jeje »

*bumping this thread*
Well, I can do much of the sprites and CGs. I have the lineart for the backgrounds. (And it's really neat)
If you want to see the lineart, please PM me.
What I need is someone who can color the backgrounds and edit it. Preferred for someone who can use photoshop or SAI or both. But if you can do the coloring in other software, then it's okay. I'll do the finishing touch and details to the BG if you don't mind, but of course if you want it to be just like what you color, I don't mind too. :mrgreen:
Or if you want to do the basic coloring (I mean like, basic color, without shading and anything), we'd be glad to receive your help!!
And, believe me, we're both (me and diamondrose) are really nice to work with :lol:
This is an example of the sprite we'll use in this project (note: it's just a sketch but there are still many more, and since I don't want to spoil it, I'll just say, there's a cool-tough looking guy, a sweet-angelic shota guy, a happy funny guy, and other characters. And actually, I've done a sprite X3 and done the sketches for the characters)

Will be happily waiting for you XD
Attachments
prince.jpg