Newbies Visual Novel Project!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
FunLittleOptimist

Newbies Visual Novel Project!

#1 Post by FunLittleOptimist »

I'm really new to this, but it seems like fun! A pain, sure, but fun! XD Well, anyways, I've always been playing visual novels, so now I want to make one! Well, here's how it goes....
*****This is a free project, so I shall not pay you. XD***

I want this group (if there will be a group, that is) to be made up of new members. However, it's not necessary.
The only thing I'm good at is writing, so we'll only need one more person in that area. We'll also need an artist (or more?) for characters, backgrounds, and such.
Of course, I'm new to this, so I know I've missed quite a few details, but hey, that's what learning is for, right? ; D Of course, you're also free to PM me.

****Alright, thanks to everyone who pointed out some of the things I was missing****
*I currently don't have any ideas, but I'm sure I could pitch in a few good ones along the way.
*I might be able to do the programming myself, but if anyone is willing to do it....xD.
*We currently have 2 writers in total.
*If we were to need a composer, I already have someone in mind.

^^^ Those were just a few details, I'll be sure to keep updating.

Updates:
First of all, to all of the artists who have asked to join the group and I haven't replied to, sorry about that. ^^; I was trying to plan something. Anywho, please note that I will send you a PM asking you a certain question. I don't think we'll be needing more artists. ^^
Here are the artists, both the official and the ones who I still need to send the PM to:
Luminar
Dizzyworld2
mirae1212
zankizura
lunarlet
MusicaFate
**That wasn't in any specific order**

Now for the writers. Well, as of now, we haven't picked an idea for the VN, but we are working on it. Since so, I can't add much information here. Here are the writers, both full-time and those who might just add an idea every now-and-then:
zahran
zankizuna
Otonari
**That wasn't in any specific order**

I'm glad to say that we have a composer. ^w^ Of course, it isn't certain that we'll be using one, it's nice to know you have someone for the job, right? The composer is:
AbstractEclipse

Programming. We have a few offers of people who are willing to help with it, but I know that I have to take part in this. Even if it's not that much. ^^; Some people who are willing to help are:
zahran
LilletRose
. . .and of course, myself. X3

Okay, this is it for now. I'm sure I missed *something*, but I suppose I'll figure it out later. =3
Last edited by FunLittleOptimist on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malioboro
Regular

Re: Newbies Visual Novel Project!

#2 Post by Malioboro »

i help can very much with writing... ^.^

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#3 Post by ThisIsNoName »

FunLittleOptimist wrote:Well, here's how it goes....
Haha. Well, at least you're honest.

One thing that might help is to post at least part of the idea you are thinking of. If you don't have an idea, great! That allows you to take input from each member from the start, and keeps everyone on level ground. Something you should keep in mind is to keep the simple. A short completed game is better than a long game that's dropped.

If you do get a group together, try doing a couple ice-breakers before starting work on the game. It'll help you get to know the other members before conflict comes up, instead of after.

Good luck!

FunLittleOptimist

#4 Post by FunLittleOptimist »

Malioboro wrote:i help can very much with writing... ^.^

Really? Ah, that's great! Welcome aboard! ^-^

FunLittleOptimist

#5 Post by FunLittleOptimist »

ThisIsNoName wrote:
FunLittleOptimist wrote:Well, here's how it goes....
Haha. Well, at least you're honest.

One thing that might help is to post at least part of the idea you are thinking of. If you don't have an idea, great! That allows you to take input from each member from the start, and keeps everyone on level ground. Something you should keep in mind is to keep the simple. A short completed game is better than a long game that's dropped.

If you do get a group together, try doing a couple ice-breakers before starting work on the game. It'll help you get to know the other members before conflict comes up, instead of after.

Good luck!

.....Honesty IS the best policy....XD
Ah, thanks for the tips! ^-^ I'll keep that in mind! ; D

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#6 Post by FatUnicornGames »

You will also need someone to program, unless your going to do that yourself. Just thought I would pop by and add that.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Malioboro
Regular

#7 Post by Malioboro »

thank u lets work together!!! m email is carriedorov@yahoo.com... ^.^

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#8 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Well, you may also need an artist for your game if you don't want to use free sprites that are everywhere online but hard to match your characters. A newbie group maybe hard at first since most newbie need some certain amount of time to get a hold of everything from writing, scripting, drawing to coding.
Malioboro, if you are going to help with writing then please be careful with grammar error. I saw your thread in the Idea/WIP and your Writing request... well... I truly think your writing really need some polishes... and since you said 'Good story doesn't need grammar and writing... I can get proofreader... English is not my first langauge', I don't think you should say you can help on writing. Rather you should say you can help on idea...

English is neither my first language but I'm trying my best to be a better writer.

Anyway, my last words, good luck on your project!
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

FunLittleOptimist

#9 Post by FunLittleOptimist »

Michiyo6918 wrote:Well, you may also need an artist for your game if you don't want to use free sprites that are everywhere online but hard to match your characters. A newbie group maybe hard at first since most newbie need some certain amount of time to get a hold of everything from writing, scripting, drawing to coding.
Malioboro, if you are going to help with writing then please be careful with grammar error. I saw your thread in the Idea/WIP and your Writing request... well... I truly think your writing really need some polishes... and since you said 'Good story doesn't need grammar and writing... I can get proofreader... English is not my first langauge', I don't think you should say you can help on writing. Rather you should say you can help on idea...

English is neither my first language but I'm trying my best to be a better writer.

Anyway, my last words, good luck on your project!

Oh, of course. I'll do my best to look around the internet, gathering things I could use. xD That's true, but I wanted a newbie group so we could all know what's it's like. You know, the whole creating process. It'll be fun to look at what we've made...I hope. =P

Ah, well, I know this part of the message isn't really my business, but don't worry about that. ; D We're a group, remember? We'll be able to help each other out.
English isn't your first language? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that. Wait, well, you know, I mean that you type it so well. xD

Oh, and thanks! ^-^

FunLittleOptimist

#10 Post by FunLittleOptimist »

FatUnicornGames wrote:You will also need someone to program, unless your going to do that yourself. Just thought I would pop by and add that.
Yeah, thanks for saying that. I guess it depends on how things go. I might do it myself, but if I can't, I'll look around to see if anyone will be willing to do it. ^-^

zahran

#11 Post by zahran »

Hi, I am also a newbie in Ren'Py, but I can help a bit in programming/writing/proofreading or whatever you need... Have you already started on writing the story? scripts? summary?

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#12 Post by Gear »

Just so you know, Mailboro has been banned from LSF for being a troll rather than a serious member, so now you're short a writer. Just wanted to make sure you knew in case you hadn't found out.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Luminar
Regular

#13 Post by Luminar »

Hello, um... I uh... maybe I could help on drawing? But, I can't draw backgrounds, sorry. I probably can only draw characters. I'm so sorry. And if you want to take a look at a few of my arts um... here.
http://missgamefreak.deviantart.com/art ... -307496559
http://missgamefreak.deviantart.com/art ... -312696158
http://missgamefreak.deviantart.com/art ... -310567855
http://missgamefreak.deviantart.com/art ... freak&qo=1
(I'm really bad at background, sorry again)
Plus, I'm bad at animals too... hehe... sorry... Well, I'm not that bad with drawing boys though...
And there's something I have to be honest with you, I'm 12, so if you ask me to draw anything um... well... unappropriate (I got the spelling wrong right? Ignore that) I can't do it, sorry.
Please also forgive me if I don't have the time to draw, or I took long to draw! I'll try my best though!
And if you have problem of thinking some ideas I can help out, too.

Dizzyworld2

#14 Post by Dizzyworld2 »

I'm interested in helping out as well~
I'd like to contribute as an artist. Here are the samples: http://dizzyworld2.deviantart.com/art/L ... -307206555 http://dizzyworld2.tumblr.com/
However, I'm not very good at backgrounds and manly men Dx
Also, I may be slow in providing the art... I hope you guys don't mind that a bit /:

I'm just curious but what type of vn are you thinking of creating? Like otomege, bishoujo, and stuff [x

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#15 Post by Sharm »

Aw, so cute!
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard