Looking for an artist

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
SyberiaWinx
Regular

Re: Looking for an artist

#61 Post by SyberiaWinx »

Reference art. The whole picture is important and necessary.

I did nothing to my original artist. I was more patient and understanding than I should have been. She was the one in the wrong.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#62 Post by MaiMai »

After four pages of arguing with forum members who are artists themselves and who are pointing out important flaws in how you're recruiting I'd say you've pretty much dug yourself a hole here with that display of bitterness, unwillingness to compromise.
Last edited by MaiMai on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#63 Post by wingzofdarkness »

-Deleted because it's useless-
Last edited by wingzofdarkness on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

h3llomiko
Location: The farms of Massachusetts. Or something like that.

#64 Post by h3llomiko »

But as an artist, I want my art to be seen, not just used as reference. The whole picture is important, but your picture is in words right? Why have so much art done, when the drawn pictures won't be seen?

You may always credit your artist, but if this book does get published and printed and shows up in my local bookstore, and all I see is just a small portion of the art I did that ends up on the cover, I'll be pretty upset I think. I think every artist is going to project further into the project than just "My job is to draw". Why spend so much time drawing when no one will see it? It would be like if I asked you to write me a story for a children's book I made the art for, and then I only used a bare minimum of the lines. Wouldn't you be upset? Why work that hard when its not used?

I don't want to sound attacking or anything like that either. None of us are. I think many free artists just won't see the point of doing so much work for free and never seeing it or knowing some of it won't been shown. We're just trying to help you sound more inviting to an artist, to help you find an artist. I think the whole being in control of the character design is not the main problem here, but more what becomes of the art.
http://h3llomiko.deviantart.com/ RAWR! ART! Check it out X3
http://h3llomiko.blogspot.com/ BLOG! Haha and super boring if you haven't asked me to draw for you. I think XD But check it out to see what I have been working on if you're curious :D

SyberiaWinx
Regular

#65 Post by SyberiaWinx »

Some of you just don't seem to be reading, since I have compromised and taken people's advice throughout this whole topic. And I certainly have not been rude, which is more than I can say for some people. Too many of you are backing an artist who has clearly not behaved appropriately.

Again, artists do not have to take me up on my offer if they are not interested, but I'm getting tired of people replying just to tell me that.

h3llomiko
Location: The farms of Massachusetts. Or something like that.

#66 Post by h3llomiko »

You might just be looking at it the wrong way. We're not defending your past artist, but trying to show you that your sales pitch isn't the most effective it could be. Your past artist and the artists responding to you are trying to help you appeal to a potential artist.
I mean, if you had edited some of your posts to include things like character descriptions, style preferences and what exactly you wanted in terms of ART and not an ARTIST, I might have approached this topic as an interested artist, not scared artist.
http://h3llomiko.deviantart.com/ RAWR! ART! Check it out X3
http://h3llomiko.blogspot.com/ BLOG! Haha and super boring if you haven't asked me to draw for you. I think XD But check it out to see what I have been working on if you're curious :D

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#67 Post by MusicaFate »

Can we please stop drifting away from the main topic? This is a thread about looking for an artist. Nothing more and nothing less. Please post if you are interested in becoming an artist for SyberiaWinx. I don't want this to become more drama on Lemma so let's stop before it gets blown way out of proportion. Also, I think SyberiaWinx has received more than enough advice and tips so let's just see what he/she chooses to do with it okay? No need to point out small flaws, it is SyberiaWinx's choice in how he/she presents this thread. SyberiaWinx, I apologize if you feel unwelcome and attacked. They were just all trying to help. Again, SyberiaWinx, I wish you the best of luck in finding an artist. ^^
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

SyberiaWinx
Regular

#68 Post by SyberiaWinx »

Thanks.^^ I really hope I find someone.

illeashu
Projects: an adult game

#69 Post by illeashu »

I have to agree. Not paying an artist. Is like asking my friends to come over and cook me a meal. And I'm going to tell everyone how good a cook you are. They may not come back when they get hungry themselves. But I can also see where siberia is coming from. He put so much on their word. And it all went for naught. It can be frustrating. And then only getting constructive advice. Smiling. That can sometimes be even more frustrating then the lack of success in the first place. But again. If there's no pay involved. What is there to motivate them to do more. It's a vicious circle. I too have a project that i'd like an artist to work on. Thank you all for the words of wisdom.

illeashu
Projects: an adult game

Looking for an artist

#70 Post by illeashu »

After all that has been said. I too am in the market as it were for an artist. Said artist would be required to work on a sliding free scale. Sliding meaning, I get all the creative freedom while they do all i say. Unless i give them some creative freedom. In which case I will slide some freedom their way. :) I'm just playing. But I do have a game I invented. I believe it may fall into a hentai category. But I am so new here, I have no Idea where it would fit in. Or where to go looking or how much to share. I would be more than overjoyed to discuss it though.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Victoria Jennings »

You probably shouldn't discuss it on this thread. Rather, go read the sticked post at the top of Recruitment and go from there.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#72 Post by Taleweaver »

I have locked this thread because I fail to see how this discussion is going to bear any fruit. Guys, you're not giving a good example of behavior on this forum.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira