I want to hire a writer (closed for now)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
jeje
Regular

I want to hire a writer (closed for now)

#1 Post by jeje »

Hello LSF ^^
Name's jeje.

I'm currently searching to hire a writer that maybe familiar with flash dating sim game (like pacthesis, nummyz, and don't forget lunar lotus festival too XD)

The reason why I'm hiring is, because even though I already have many writers, but they're so busy IRL and making their own projects. I don't really have a strict due date, but for now, I just want to make it faster. And not to mention I must give a mock game in a month or so (school project... Yeah...) So I'm in a bit of a hurry ;v; (though, believe me, even though they're so busy, but the story have a shape already!! I really love my partners XD)

It's a game about dating vampires. GXB and one GXG. I need the writing to be dialogue-driven.
I really need the writer to, at least, try playing a dating sim flash game. My goal is more or less like pacthesis games (I don't want to set a big goal). I prefer someone who likes this type of game and familiar with it of course.

About the payment though; I'm a junior high student, so I can't pay much. I might be able to pay $5 per 1000 words. If you want more, you can negotiate with me through pm, but I can't really give you too much. (And I really don't have even a rough estimate on how many the length of the story will be, except that it might be... Long enough...)

As of now, I have 2 writers, 1 editor. (There's one more writer that agreed to help me with some payment, and one more possible lovingly editor). I myself act as the idea giver and probably... Supervising everything? (I draw and code mostly. I can't really write except for some really random times. Not that I can code too... But I still try...)

The link to my game is in my sig. But there's almost nothing there. So, if you want to know the story in detail, pm me.

Ah, and the genre... Um... Otome, fantasy (not too fantasy, but...), mystery... And might be a little bit horror... (Might be some bloods or killings and insanity) well, it won't be gore though. (And it might be angsty too, though I'm not really sure about this. I'll call it... Emotional XD)

And, ah, I prefer someone who can tolerate engrish (mine usually ^^“), fast in replying, and want to learn something new. And, of course, team work, and not easily offended. (We're a bunch of kind people, but as a team, if you have mistake or if the other partner have some opinions, you must consider it with open mind). And, of course, at least have a proper grammar and vocab and know how to write and... Have imagination...XP

I'm really sorry of this huge wall of text ;_; but I don't want to leave any necessary detail. Please tell me if I should add more.

Thank you ^v^ I'll be waiting for any reply!

EDIT: I've found a really good writer already! Might open up again in the future. For now, I close this thread. Thanks for the interest ^^
Last edited by jeje on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xenocartographer
Regular

Re: I want to hire a writer (flash dating sim game)

#2 Post by Xenocartographer »

Well, I need some cash right now. :P I don't have any immediately-available writing samples; I lost everything recently in a hard drive crash. >.> However! If you'll give me something to write as an audition-ish thing, then I'll do that. :)

EDIT: If you'd like, add me on the AIM or MSN in my profile, or on Skype where I also go by xenocartographer. Or we could use an IRC channel if you'd rather.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Xeno: Ouch. Save early, save often, and always keep a backup.

@jeje: You have a storyline in mind already, or do you need original magic? $0.02/wd is at least better than par around here, so there's a decent chance of digging up some quality. Also, what's your expected wordcount? 1000 words is a lot different then fifty thousand.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

jeje
Regular

#4 Post by jeje »

I have a writer already ^^ She / he is a really good writer who just interested in this project and doesn't really expect to be paid. I'm gonna pay her / him though as much as my wallet goes.

@Xeno: thanks for the interest ^^ But as you can see, I already have a writer. Though I might open this thread again in the future. And about the audition thing... it's hard to come up with some thing unexpectedly... next time I'm hiring, I guess I'm gonna think about that.
And... ow. That sucks. I've once lost my data (most of it is pictures) and I can't even cry. I just... put a blank expression for about 2-3 days.

@Dark: Ugh!! Yeah! I guess it's really different. I thought that 1-2k words already enough for this type of game, but when I try to count what I write... it's already more than 2k... I should reduce it by half next time ;_;. (I think a really short VN will be around 8k words or so, right?) so it must be...ahahaha...$5 per 1k words? Heyy... I'm a junior high student, alright?
And, I already have the main story. Actually, the characters, the story, the details more or less already "shaped" (not finished) around... 75 - 80%. All I need is dialogues for the bachelor's path, and some editing and opinions.

I'll put this thread into a hybernate state until I need it again then...

AxVeil

Re: I want to hire a writer (closed for now)

#5 Post by AxVeil »

If you need any help you can PM me, I can write. I ain't asking for payment just want to maintain my skills.

jeje
Regular

Re: I want to hire a writer (closed for now)

#6 Post by jeje »

@Axvell: thanks!! X3

I'll let you know if I need more writer. I don't want to have so many writer if I can choose, but I have to hurry this project cause of IRL stuff.

I'll definitely contact you once I see how the other writers going with the writing this week.