Character Artist/Partner FOUND for Gatemaster! [Closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Hollow Gourd
Regular
Projects: Gatemaster!

Character Artist/Partner FOUND for Gatemaster! [Closed]

#1 Post by Hollow Gourd »

--------------------------------------------------------------
What if I were to tell you that Earth as we know it is only one of infinite planes of existence? And what if you had the power to access these alternate planes?

You, Poe Belvedere, are an exceptional -- if somewhat arrogant -- student. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any endeavor you don't excel at. Everything you've attempted has always come to you so easily, in fact, that by this point in your life it has almost become boring. What you didn't know, however, is that you are also a Gatemaster. Gatemasters are powerful beings that can travel through worlds and are oftentimes tasked with guarding these interdimensional gates from those who would abuse them. With your discovery of a portal that leads to the magical world of A'raenia Primary, your own world has suddenly and quite literally opened up to you.

But being a Gatemaster is not all fun and games, and though you are not yet aware of it your irresponsibility puts all of the planes at risk. How will you handle your role as Gatemaster when the very Earth seems to be crumbling apart around you? Will you be the realms' savior, or will you inadvertently bring about their destruction?
Planned Features
○ Interactive map
○ Inventory system
○ Discover and access various gates located throughout your world
○ Acquire skills
○ Puzzles
Recruitment

Presently, I am only recruiting for the character artist position. As the topic title suggests, I am looking for a partner. In other words, someone who'll work closely with me throughout the development of Gatemaster!, providing feedback, suggestions, ideas of their own, etc. Mind, this is not so much a requirement as an ideal, but I imagine that working alongside someone rather than merely delegating out tasks would be much more motivating, and having an alternate viewpoint is never amiss.

Here're the tasks that, as the character artist, my partner can expect:

• Concept sketches
• Sprite lineart
• Character lineart for event CGs

Coloring and backgrounds will be handled by separate artists!
Last edited by Hollow Gourd on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Seeking Character Artist/Partner for Gatemaster! [Fantas

#2 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Ergh, I'm tempted to offer, but a) I'm not sure my style would necessarily be the kind you're looking for, and b) I don't have a tablet yet (I'll have one soon, and definitely before September ends, because my parents are getting me one for my birthday).

If nobody has offered by the time I get my tablet, I'll definitely check back here. Good luck!

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#3 Post by izukwon »

I can help you with the character sprite lineart if you want, but other than that, I'm really bad ^^; You can check my style in my project thread shameless promotion

Hollow Gourd
Regular

#4 Post by Hollow Gourd »

Victoria Jennings - Your style is a bit cuter than what I'm going for, but I do appreciate your consideration!
I wasn't expecting such a swift reply.

izukwon - Oh, I quite like your artwork. I assume what you mean is that you can't do full illustrations (minus backgrounds, of course)?

izukwon
Regular

#5 Post by izukwon »

basically yes, considering it's a volunteer work muahaha shot.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Hollow Gourd wrote:Victoria Jennings - Your style is a bit cuter than what I'm going for, but I do appreciate your consideration!
I wasn't expecting such a swift reply.
Hehe, it doesn't have to be, but I totally understand. I wish you luck all the same. U':

Hollow Gourd
Regular

#7 Post by Hollow Gourd »

izukwon - To be honest, I'd prefer for the character artist to handle both sprites and event CGs for style consistency's sake. But I am quite fond of your artwork so I'll keep you in mind, regardless.

Victoria Jennings - Thank you for the luck!

izukwon
Regular

#8 Post by izukwon »

Hmm depending on how many CGs there are and whether you require me to draw with deadlines, I might or might not help with the CG. But even if you are having different artist for the CGs don't worry about my style being different, I am a self-proclaimed mime I can copy people's style *cough*easily*cough* ;) Either way, good luck! :D
So right now I was just interested in helping, maybe you can do something to persuade me xD

Hollow Gourd
Regular

#9 Post by Hollow Gourd »

If there was a separate CG artist, they would be copying your style.
What did you have in mind?

Thank you for the luck, by the by!

izukwon
Regular

#10 Post by izukwon »

Oh I know, let's form a symbiosis mutualism. You see, I need some programming l337 to help me on my project. I won't demand much only some coding which even it's simple I couldn't seem to figure out no goddamn-matter what ;___; Maybe you could help, or fetch a godly programmer for me instead? The later is just kidding.
But please keep in mind to not scare me out with the quantity of drawings I should draw. I'm scared of numbers ;__;

Hollow Gourd
Regular

#11 Post by Hollow Gourd »

Hmm...I most certainly wouldn't mind some sort of skill exchange, but I won't lie and say I'm all that advanced when it comes to programming. On the other hand, everything I've attempted at least I've been able to figure. What exactly do you need? I'll give anything a shot.

Not to scare you away right off the bat, but there is a fairly large cast of characters. Not to say that they're all tremendously important and therefore require a multitude of poses, but keep in mind that the main character is capable of traveling through multiple worlds, each of which is inhabited by different kinds of beings.

izukwon
Regular

#12 Post by izukwon »

goodness that... When I said that I'm scared of numbers, I really mean it :'<
The problem is that, I took 21 credits for this semester MUAHAHAHA and I don't think I have that much time to do all those sprites. I'm afraid if I'll just hold back the project, being a slowpoke and all :/ Sorry...

Hollow Gourd
Regular

#13 Post by Hollow Gourd »

No worries! I've actually located another artist and we're off to an amazing start.
Thanks for your interest, everyone, and keep an eye out for the WIP thread!