Proofreader/editor wanted [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
MelodyL

Proofreader/editor wanted [CLOSED]

#1 Post by MelodyL »

Hello everyone! I've been stalking this site for ages and finally decided to make a VN! But then i realised...I'm a total noob at this programming thing and suck at making GUIs. So instead of me trying to everything myself and end up giving up and disappoint people, I decided to recruit some nice people that would be willingly to help me with my VN project!

So first of all some answers to typical questions...:

What genre is it? :o
It's a romance, slice of life, drama , GxB VN game.

Will I get paid? :P
No. It's a free game so I don't plan on getting paid or paying anyone. This is purely for fun!!!

Who are you looking for? 8)
Mainly I'm looking for a programmer (found!), GUI artist (found!)
But if you are a BG artist, musician, and editor that wanna join then I'm more than welcome!
A Proofreader/editor needed please!

Tell me about the storyline :D
Briefly it's about a young prodigy live stage actress who was loved by the whole nation. But after a traumatic incident, she disappears from the acting world and rumors said she went overseas. Few years later she was back to Korea and (was forced to) attend a prestigious acting school. It's mainly about "growing up" and getting over your fears. There's more to that but I haven't confirmed anything yet so if you're really interested in helping you can PM me and I'll tell you the details etc.

I wanna see your drawings! :D
I haven't drawn in a while...and I look back they're really horrible so I drew our young protagonist for starters. I can do other styles but this is the one I'll stick to for this VN.

This story sounds kinda familiar :x !
Truthfully I did get some inspiration from a manga I read ages ago (sorry I don't remember the title...), but it's a totally different storyline I swear!

Is there a deadline? :|
No not really, I like to be understanding when things pop up (esp. during Uni T_T) So I guess its gonna pretty slow-paced but I would like to complete it before the end of 2013.

I don't trust you...what if you "disappear" :|
Yes I've seen some cases on the forums some people disappearing or ditching their own projects. I'll try my best to be active as much as possible and if I'm busy i'll tell you before hand!

Well that's much about it! Please pm me if you are interested thank you!!!! <3

#Uh some of you may think I'm the artist that made quite alot of acc, etcs but I assure you i'm not her/him! I may draw and sound (apparently I do :S) like that person but I sweaaaaaaaaaaar i'm totally new to this thing! I guess I can't really prove myself so I'm not surprised if you suspect me but I'll try my best not to give up on this project and disappear. Even if I do i'll prob come back onto this acc cause i'm cbb making a new acc.

anyways on enjoy some of my other styles. I'm always on a war which type I should draw.
Last edited by Taleweaver on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: When closing threads, please make sure people can still see what the thread was last about.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Looking for a team I guess??

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

I can't say that I can help you with your project, but your art sample looked similar to these other games too, which is quite the coincidence don't you think? The way you and those other artists draw eyelashes and blush on female characters is really close, kinda like it's a signature style. It's really too bad none of them ever got completed... Though I hear that the Fairytale game is getting rebooted. Maybe if you help them they'll help you?

MelodyL

#3 Post by MelodyL »

CheeryMoya wrote:I can't say that I can help you with your project, but your art sample looked similar to these other games too, which is quite the coincidence don't you think? The way you and those other artists draw eyelashes and blush on female characters is really close, kinda like it's a signature style. It's really too bad none of them ever got completed... Though I hear that the Fairytale game is getting rebooted. Maybe if you help them they'll help you?
Ah another one :? ...Yeah someone pmed me about this...don't know if they will believe me but truthfullyyy I used to copy/trace the old artist works and tried to copy the stylee cause I really really liked it. I guess it's pretty obvious and I should of mentioned this at the start. I'm really sorry if i offended anyone :( . BUUUT i swear I'm not that artist even though we seem to be in similar locations as well (austraila right?)

I saw the FairyTale post before, I looked really forward to that but then kinda forgot about it I guess and was never completed. I don't mind helping but I think they have a solid artist already.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

MelodyL wrote:I used to copy/trace the old artist works and tried to copy the stylee cause I really really liked it. I guess it's pretty obvious and I should of mentioned this at the start. I'm really sorry if i offended anyone :( . BUUUT i swear I'm not that artist even though we seem to be in similar locations as well (austraila right?)
I hear tracing is a taboo among artists unless you're providing lineart... and even then the term "inking" or something is preferred. Tracing could be helpful if you want to learn how someone else draws, but you shouldn't post up those pictures anywhere. You say you can draw other styles right? If you don't want people thinking you're someone else, develop a different way of drawing things.
MelodyL wrote:I'm not that artist even though we seem to be in similar locations as well (austraila right?)
They all lived in Australia, and they said on their dAs that they all Korean (I think). Very... odd, I would say.

MelodyL

#5 Post by MelodyL »

CheeryMoya wrote:
MelodyL wrote:I used to copy/trace the old artist works and tried to copy the stylee cause I really really liked it. I guess it's pretty obvious and I should of mentioned this at the start. I'm really sorry if i offended anyone :( . BUUUT i swear I'm not that artist even though we seem to be in similar locations as well (austraila right?)
I hear tracing is a taboo among artists unless you're providing lineart... and even then the term "inking" or something is preferred. Tracing could be helpful if you want to learn how someone else draws, but you shouldn't post up those pictures anywhere. You say you can draw other styles right? If you don't want people thinking you're someone else, develop a different way of drawing things.
Oh I wouldn't upload any tracing works ofc! I keep that to myself or bin it cause its hideous... I would try to learn by tracing their works,cause that's how I usually improve my drawings. I do have other styles but i can't really chose which one i should stick to...its a big problem for me :(
MelodyL wrote:I'm not that artist even though we seem to be in similar locations as well (austraila right?)
They all lived in Australia, and they said on their dAs that they all Korean (I think). Very... odd, I would say.
LOL. Oh my gosh I just realised that, It's true I am korean too (sigh) but I'm also half jap (surprise!). It may sound stupid but I'm not great with my japanese cause I never been there, (born n raised korean!). But I do love japanese food and culture :D

(oh dear I dunno how to quote :S)

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#6 Post by ScottySeng »

Well, I'm free to program as long as you have script ready and proofread (Having to proofread/program at the same time takes a lot of time).

How much of the script is done?

Ah, Fairy Tale is still being worked on (College is killing us)

MelodyL

#7 Post by MelodyL »

ScottySeng wrote:Well, I'm free to program as long as you have script ready and proofread (Having to proofread/program at the same time takes a lot of time).

How much of the script is done?

Ah, Fairy Tale is still being worked on (College is killing us)
:cry: :cry: tears of happiness*. I'm really thankful for.your help!!! I tired programming but i couldnt hack the coding etc! Really gald that you're interested to help me (even if I seem suspicious) .
The script is only 5%ish done? Its not m:uch, just a starter project but ill send you the bit by bit of the script if that's okay.

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#8 Post by ScottySeng »

Yeah, I'm willing to help code, it's not nothing complex like a dating sim right?

Well, PM me the details as needed

Weakjounin
Veteran

#9 Post by Weakjounin »

I can help with GUI if you want.

MelodyL

#10 Post by MelodyL »

Weakjounin wrote:I can help with GUI if you want.
That would be soooooo helpful if you can! :D

I saw some of your works! I'm really looking forward to them. :D

Weakjounin
Veteran

#11 Post by Weakjounin »

Just pm me for whatever you need and if you have anything you need.
If you have skype, that'd be more preferable for me since I rarely check this site.

MelodyL

#12 Post by MelodyL »

Weakjounin wrote:Just pm me for whatever you need and if you have anything you need.
If you have skype, that'd be more preferable for me since I rarely check this site.
Okay I'll make a skype since Scottyseng said skype is preferable for him too.

MelodyL

Re: Just need a proofreader nows

#13 Post by MelodyL »

sry bumping this, need a proofreader/editor.

Dite
Projects: Eight Challengers

Re: Just need a proofreader nows

#14 Post by Dite »

MelodyL wrote:sry bumping this, need a proofreader/editor.
/delurk

I'd be glad to stretch my muscles as an editor again, I'm one of those creeps who enjoys it. PM me with how you'd like the get into contact/logistics/etc.