[VK] We already have everyone we need! Thank you!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
specialtantei
Veteran

[VK] We already have everyone we need! Thank you!

#1 Post by specialtantei »

So we have a Character Artist, which stubornly wanted to be also the GUI artist, even though I warned her it's hard work (I love you woman T_T), a cool musician, with perfectly fit music for our project, and me, a half decent writer which can't seem to have a little bit of patience on herself xD.
So yeah, what we are missing is a nice BG artist who doesn't mind not being paid :(. Sorry for that. I am waiting for my CA to do the default sprites of the characters (she showed me the scraps already, they look gorgeous) for me to present Wasurenagusa as a Work in Progress. So there is still time to enter the team, we are not in a rush, because we want to do things with a pace everyone could work at.
If you like to draw BG's and don't mind helping my sweet CA with CG's, please get into contact with us <3!

~ Background Designer: I prefer bg's with a natural feeling to them. Not too plain, not too 3Dish.

INTERESTED PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT HERE OR ON CONTACT ME ON DEVIANTART, FACEBOOK OR YOUTUBE.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE SEND ME A FORM WITH YOUR NAME, POST YOU WANT TO OCCUPY, AND A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK.
The first work of the group will be a VN called Wasurenagusa. You can visit Our group's web page :D
Thank you all and sorry for the bothering. If there is anything wrong with the way I wrote this feel free to edit it, admins >.<
BANNER and LOGO drawn by Liinyar09 on DeviantArt (she is our Character and Interface Designer <3)
Last edited by specialtantei on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Visual Kyōki Recruitment

#2 Post by Victoria Jennings »

So you're the main writer? 0:

specialtantei
Veteran

#3 Post by specialtantei »

Victoria Jennings wrote:So you're the main writer? 0:
Yes, I am :). I try my best at it, but I am not a native English speaker so I always share what I write with as many people as possible so they correct it xD. That's also another reason for me not working on the VN alone ^^.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

You can't draw? Who draws the image? That's plenty good to me... Someone in your team?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

specialtantei
Veteran

#5 Post by specialtantei »

LVUER wrote:You can't draw? Who draws the image? That's plenty good to me... Someone in your team?
The only person in my team right now is me xD.
That's just a provisional image I found on google and which I just edited for the text. Both of them :(.
The most that I can draw are sticks :lol:.

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#6 Post by Hiddlestoners »

If you look around the 'Recruitment' board in LSF, you'll see that there are numerous musicians and programmers that are actually looking for teams to join - so instead of waiting for someone to pop up, you could always do your own asking and persuading? Just a thought if you're desperate in finding people for your team :)
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Applegate »

Could you share a sample of your writing? No offence, but writers are a dime-a-dozen. The entry barrier is really low, so providing a sample of your work goes a long way from distinguishing yourself from other writers.

specialtantei
Veteran

#8 Post by specialtantei »

Hiddlestoners wrote:If you look around the 'Recruitment' board in LSF, you'll see that there are numerous musicians and programmers that are actually looking for teams to join - so instead of waiting for someone to pop up, you could always do your own asking and persuading? Just a thought if you're desperate in finding people for your team :)
I actually planned to do that after making a normal recruitment announcement. My problem is that not many people ussualy accept to work for free u.u, and I am also a bit shy, so yeah, this kind of things are always in my way XD

specialtantei
Veteran

#9 Post by specialtantei »

Applegate wrote:Could you share a sample of your writing? No offence, but writers are a dime-a-dozen. The entry barrier is really low, so providing a sample of your work goes a long way from distinguishing yourself from other writers.
I was going to write something and put it up on the blog. I know that there are a lot of writers out there, so I was already thinking about a short story I may write to pump things up :). Thanks for the advice anyway <3.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by CheeryMoya »

specialtantei wrote: The only person in my team right now is me xD.
That's just a provisional image I found on google and which I just edited for the text. Both of them :(.
I dunno, that's kinda misleading to take an image that's not yours and edit it for your team logo... It gives off a false impression of what to expect. Just my two cents.

Right now you're asking a lot. I went to your blog and read this:
Wasurenagusa is still just an idea, just like the group, for there is only me at the moment.
If your game is only an idea and there's hardly any writing to it right now, you do realize that you're asking for a lot, right? At least get 1000 words in, see if you can actually sit down and finish something. I suggest you give this thread a perusal if you haven't already.

specialtantei
Veteran

#11 Post by specialtantei »

CheeryMoya wrote:
specialtantei wrote: The only person in my team right now is me xD.
I dunno, that's kinda misleading to take an image that's not yours and edit it for your team logo... It gives off a false impression of what to expect. Just my two cents.

Right now you're asking a lot. I went to your blog and read this:
Wasurenagusa is still just an idea, just like the group, for there is only me at the moment.
If your game is only an idea and there's hardly any writing to it right now, you do realize that you're asking for a lot, right? At least get 1000 words in, see if you can actually sit down and finish something. I suggest you give this thread a perusal if you haven't already.
First, I am sorry if I gave that impression of falseness :(. It's not actually my intention, and the image is temporary until I manage to find someone for the team. I don't like stealing, believe me.

Second, with 'just an idea' I don't mean that I haven't written anything yet. I just don't want to give the story out so easily. And with what I have already written you can't get a good grip of the story, so yeah..

I am pretty new with all this. Formus and stuff, and I am really confused .-. I guess I kinda mess up a lot, I am just trying to find someone to work with. I one had a 'team' but they all backed off pretty fast. That's why I might sound somewhat pushy.

Thanks for the tips anyway and I am really sorry if don't give any confidence. But I am a pretty serious person when it comes to work and I let no one down.

specialtantei
Veteran

#12 Post by specialtantei »

Ok, so I was told to write something to show myself as a writer :). Here it is, the first creepypasta I've ever written but, meh, I like it :D. I've written horror because Wasurenagusa is going to have some mindfuck in it ^^.
http://ushiromiyabeatrice.blogspot.com/ ... leaks.html

DeeKay
Veteran

#13 Post by DeeKay »

specialtantei wrote:First, I am sorry if I gave that impression of falseness :(. It's not actually my intention, and the image is temporary until I manage to find someone for the team. I don't like stealing, believe me.
Don't worry, at least you're aware of it.
specialtantei wrote:Second, with 'just an idea' I don't mean that I haven't written anything yet. I just don't want to give the story out so easily. And with what I have already written you can't get a good grip of the story, so yeah..
Hmm... I guess you could try to know more about the people here if you're not comfortable with sharing what you've written at this point. Check out the different forums and participate in the conversations, you might have some really good surprises as you do ;)
You can work something out after you've found people you enjoy chatting with for example ^^

My take on this would be to get more of the writing done so you know where you're standing and, as a consequence, in a better position to plan things out. Don't ask for everything at once, rather ask as your project advances in its later stages. It's easier to convince people if there's actual content to work with.
specialtantei wrote:I am pretty new with all this. Formus and stuff, and I am really confused .-. I guess I kinda mess up a lot, I am just trying to find someone to work with. I one had a 'team' but they all backed off pretty fast. That's why I might sound somewhat pushy.
Everyone makes mistakes so don't beat yourself too much over it, just learn from it and don't be discouraged if things don't go the way you want them to at every turn ^^
specialtantei wrote:Thanks for the tips anyway and I am really sorry if don't give any confidence. But I am a pretty serious person when it comes to work and I let no one down.
And you should be proud of being dedicated :)
specialtantei wrote:Ok, so I was told to write something to show myself as a writer :). Here it is, the first creepypasta I've ever written but, meh, I like it :D. I've written horror because Wasurenagusa is going to have some mindfuck in it ^^.
Not bad at all, just a few typos scattered here and there and also a few adjustments on certains sentences for the sake of flow but nothing that can't be easily fixed :)

And... that's totally off-topic but... your avatar is so unfair. I have a soft spot for Umineko and especially Beatrice herself ^^'

Edit : Heh, I saw a typo. Guess I'm also tired at 1am.. I should really go to sleep, even if I've taken a day off from work :p
Last edited by DeeKay on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

specialtantei
Veteran

#14 Post by specialtantei »

DeeKay wrote:
specialtantei wrote:First, I am sorry if I gave that impression of falseness :(. It's not actually my intention, and the image is temporary until I manage to find someone for the team. I don't like stealing, believe me.
Don't worry, at least you're aware of it.
specialtantei wrote:Second, with 'just an idea' I don't mean that I haven't written anything yet. I just don't want to give the story out so easily. And with what I have already written you can't get a good grip of the story, so yeah..
Hmm... I guess you could try to know more about the people here if you're not comfortable with sharing what you've written at this point. Check out the different forums and participate in the conversations, you might have some really good surprises as you do ;)
You can work something out after you've found people you enjoy chatting with for example ^^

My take on this would be to get more of the writing done so you know where you're standing and, as a consequence, in a better position to plan things out. Don't ask for everything at once, rather ask as your project advances in its later stages. It's easier to convince people if there's actual content to work with.
specialtantei wrote:I am pretty new with all this. Formus and stuff, and I am really confused .-. I guess I kinda mess up a lot, I am just trying to find someone to work with. I one had a 'team' but they all backed off pretty fast. That's why I might sound somewhat pushy.
Everyone makes mistakes so don't beat yourself too much over it, just learn from it and don't be discouraged if things don't do the way you want them to at every turn ^^
specialtantei wrote:Thanks for the tips anyway and I am really sorry if don't give any confidence. But I am a pretty serious person when it comes to work and I let no one down.
And you should be proud of being dedicated :)
specialtantei wrote:Ok, so I was told to write something to show myself as a writer :). Here it is, the first creepypasta I've ever written but, meh, I like it :D. I've written horror because Wasurenagusa is going to have some mindfuck in it ^^.
Not bad at all, just a few typos scattered here and there and also a few adjustments on certains sentences for the sake of flow but nothing that can't be easily fixed :)

And... that's totally off-topic but... your avatar is so unfair. I have a soft spot for Umineko and especially Beatrice herself ^^'
First, thanks a lot for the nice words and understanding my position :D.

I understand people need content to work with. I will explain a bit.

At first I wanted to make Wasurenagusa alone, without anyone else. I got free sprites and bg's from BassNovel, and I have the whole story planned, how it will develop, the choice at the end, the characters' profiles...But then I felt wrong. I don't know, I really have big hopes for this VN so I wanted to make sure it had the hugest chances to become perfect.

That's the main reason of why I decided to create this team, together with my full imagination and love for writing :).

So it's not just a whim. I've been planning it for months, while working on my book.

I plan to show everyone in the group what the story is about and stuff, so they would feel more like working on it. I am sure everyone can give me tips about how the story should develop, because a great VN is made by a great team, not just the writer him/herself.

About the typos...I'm not native xD. I'm Romanian, but I live in Spain and it's past 1 AM here...so yeah, sleepiness and lack of practice with english don't go well together u.u

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Victoria Jennings »

If that's the case, maybe you should put Wasurenagusa on the backburner and try making something easier. It's what I ended up doing for collective (Adversity Comp, and then after, a super, secret game I'm planning on sneak-releasing at some point).