Wanted: Artist who wants to make an exception /work for free

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Hotaru Shizuka
Regular

Wanted: Artist who wants to make an exception /work for free

#1 Post by Hotaru Shizuka »

I've looked high and low and have yet to find an artist for my story, that is free, and many of the people who do it for money have a style that fits my idea (though I think the style I'm thinking of might not be best for the story, it'd still be nice), and I'm not old enough to work yet....... So I'm wanting to know if there are any normally commissioned artists who are willing to make an acception, or that can work for free with a style like the following game:
(P)lanets, found here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5994

can anyone help???? Please????????

Edit:
(Summary in Nagisa's Description)
渚(Nagisa): Nagisa is a kind and fun girl to be around. However, she's very shy after moving to Tokamachi, a city in the Niigata Prefecture in Japan. Christmas is a month away, and everyone is already pairing up. (see Christmas In Japan Below) Nagisa is worried that she won't be able to find a date to the dance. She has one month to figure out who to choose between the guys she's met so far (guys are introduced at the beginning in some way), or find a friend to go with her (Girls that she also meet at the beginning, only friends though).

Boys (each have their own ending, and have special CG):

ノエル (Noel): Noel was a new student last year, who moved to Japan from America, and seems to really like Nagisa (Hint, this is the true ending, however all endings have an after story scene, at least that's what I plan). Noel is a kind, funny, and cool guy. He likes to tease girls, but he means well. He doesn't have a girlfriend, but when he did in the past, he was a really nice guy, even though he still picked on them sometimes-- but that's just his way of getting them to smile.

海斗 (Kaito (海 means sea and 斗 referring to Ursa Major))
翼 (Tsubasa meaning wing, named after a song Mikeru sang in Mermaid Melody, and a lot like him)
陽斗 (Haruto 陽 Haru, meaning "clean up" and 斗 to, referring to Ursa Major)
昭男 (Akio not based off anything, however 昭 means Bright and 男 means Male. Thought he would be the smart type, not sure what kind of smart type of guy, but still)
光 (Pronounced as Hikaru because he's a boy, and it means Light, named after Hikaru from OHSHC)

Girls:
美羽( Miu 美 meaning beauty or beautiful 羽 meaning feather)(thought of as a kind of shrinking violet)
愛子 (Aiko, pretty straight forward, if you know japanese to some extent 愛 ai, meaning love and 子 ko, meaning child, can mean love child, or child of love) (Thought of as the kind girl)
由美子 (Yumiko 由 yu, reason 美 mi, beauty/beautiful 子 ko, child) (thought of as quiet and anti-social like Kotomi, but, again, less childish)
夏美 (Natsumi 夏 natsu summer, 美 mi, you should already know this one) (named after 藤井 (Fujii) 夏美 (Look at the name) from Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: First Love (plus), and I saw as someone a lot like Kyou from Clannad, but less abrupt and not so easily angered)
葵 (Aoi. With this character it means hollyhock, and I saw her as a lot like Ami/Amy from Sailor Moon, but before she became friends with Usagi/Serena)

"While some Japanese families give Christmas presents to their children on Christmas morning, the holiday is primarily associated romance in Japan.

Christmas Eve is actually the focus of most of the Christmas celebration in Japan, although most Japanese don’t get either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day off from work or school. The time for celebration is in the evening on the 24th of December. Friends may get together for a party, but many couples choose to have a special evening alone. While not everyone cares, some people feel especially lonely if they don’t have a date for Christmas Eve, sort of like some people feel on Valentine’s Day in the West.

Confessing your crush to someone on Christmas Eve also has special significance. And no one except the very socially clueless would ask someone of the opposite gender to do something alone with them that evening unless they intended it to be a date because the evening has a particularly romantic connotation.

Going out to eat at classy restaurants, having a romantic evening in a love hotel (a topic for future blogs!), or just walking along the sidewalks and shopping centers to look at Christmas lights in the dark are popular activities for dates on Christmas Eve. Not all of Japan gets a lot of snow each winter (the northern part does, however), but much of the country is cold in December (excluding the tropical-climate southern islands), so couples bundle up on their dates–but fashionably. Many Japanese women wear fashionable skirts year-round, but they may pair them up with a warm coat, tall boots, mittens, scarves and hats.

Typical gifts exchanged between couples on Christmas Eve include cute and handmade items as well as more expensive jewelry and watches. It’s especially traditional for young women to hand-knit scarves (called “mafuraa,” from the English word “muffler,” in Japanese) for their dates or even for a boy to whom they intend to confess on or before Christmas Eve. The young man would then, of course, wear the scarf on their night out in the cold." -http://blog.thejapanesetutor.com/christ ... n-2010-12/

Edit 2: Don't really have the confidence on my work to post what they look like using art....... though I do need to post their appearances....... not quite sure what they look like though...... haven't really thought about it..... I'll post it when I figure it out.......
Last edited by Hotaru Shizuka on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: ANY ARTISTS WILLING TO MAKE AN ACCEPTION???

#2 Post by specialtantei »

I believe using capital letters and not explaining what the game is about will not help.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#3 Post by AshenhartKrie »

^ I concur.
If we knew what the game was about, we might be more inclined to help. There are plenty of artists who don't need to be paid who draw in that style, you don't need a professional. And sometimes even professionals will work for free if they are interested enough in the game.
Also, I'm assuming you mean 'exception' not acception. XD

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

mj67ai
Regular
Projects: FatexHeart

#4 Post by mj67ai »

I believe being clear about what your game is and what its about is the main factor, Hotaru. Most if nothing of this post tells us anything about your game-- besides the fact you're after artists and the character styles. i've stated before when you asked on my page....and i have stated that if im really into the idea and enticed to work on it, then i might be more willing to do free artwork. We that said.... youve not presented anything as a reference or as a clue on your game and what its about. If you actually explained the game and its info/ contents... maybe some references..... then people will more likely show some consideration.