Team for a BXG (Mystery,Psychological) VN

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

Team for a BXG (Mystery,Psychological) VN

#1 Post by thedarkdefender »

Heya! I am thedarkdefender! I'm 17 years old and I love you all! *sends flying kisses*

A story idea has been bothering me for a while and I think it wants to become a novel/visual novel or sumtin.

So, what is this project all about?

The story is about a young man named Martin Olson. An excellent student, loving son, and a wonderful boyfriend with a secret: he sees a psychiatrist weekly. Is he crazy? No. But his nightmares have been eating him alive every night, and they're getting worse.

His psychiatrist, Mr. Kinnear, suggested a method wherein he will write everything about himself everyday, planning to look into his unconscious mind for answers.

As they near the conclusion of his sessions, other things are ending too, including the reality that Martin Olson knew.

Project Title: Her Sinister Stare
Genre: Mystery, Psychological, Tragedy, Horror(?)

What can I contribute to the team?

The story, I will be the one ummm... writing it. I can't call myself a writer T_T

You can contribute to the team as a/an:
Artist/s (CG/Sprites)
Programmer
Co-(someone who'll write it or edit it with me)

Unfortunately, I can't pay you since I am just a university student leeching off my parent's money. I would if I could though, the problem is I'm broke.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me or leave a message below.

Thank you!

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Team for a BXG (Mystery,Psychological) VN

#2 Post by fleet »

Generally speaking when you are recruiting for an artist it's a good idea to mention how many sprites you'll need (and how many expressions each sprite will have), what artistic style you want (realistic, manga, something entirely different). If you are looking for a background artist, state how many backgrounds scenes you will need.

If this is your first project, you might want to consider making a short demo using free backgrounds and sprites.
This would help potential contributors to believe you can actually complete a project.

You might also consider reading the posts in this thread http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=14462

It will give you a better idea of what potential contributors would like to know.

I hope you find a team.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

CosmicKitty
Regular
Projects: Patchwork Battles, Time Stones

Re: Team for a BXG (Mystery,Psychological) VN

#3 Post by CosmicKitty »

This really bothers me
The story, I will be the one ummm... writing it. I can't call myself a writer T_T
Either you have faith in your abilities or you don't. If you don't then maybe you should practice your craft before bringing in other people to work on your game. If you do, don't sell yourself short. No one is going to work with someone who says they're a bad writer. You'll be much better off as a bad writer who calls him/her self amazing then a wonderful writer who belittles their own work.
Completed Games:
Holiday Hijinks: House on Haunted Hill
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=17849

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love.
Jennifer Edwards