Need Long-Term Artists for Characters, BG

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
myfistus_clarvetta
Projects: K-on!: Alumni Tea Time; Unreachable Man

Need Long-Term Artists for Characters, BG

#1 Post by myfistus_clarvetta »

First thing is first, this project demands highly unusual artwork. This visual novel is the story of a human who finds himself stranded at an alien spaceport that's staffed by androids called "Assistance Units." They have a human resemblance, but their most distinctive feature is the appearance of their eyes, which are projected holograms. Each Assistance Unit has a different eye color and animation, and sometimes these animations change when an assistance unit has strong feelings about something(In one route, a heroine is lying to the protagonist about her feelings and he figures it out from her eyes) Their hair colors and outfits are a color-scheme that compliments these eyes. The main focus is more on these androids who run the space port than the aliens who frequent it.

Before proceeding, please note this project is for adults only (Though I'll keep this post pg-13)

THE PLOT: It started out as a normal jog in the park for Scott Lednburg, and ended with him stranded at a space port 50,000,000,000 miles across the galaxy from Earth. Language barriers, non-sense legal technicalities, and the port's horribly rude administrator stand between Scott and Earth. Will he ever get the chance to go home? As he begins to adjust to life there, he even starts to wonder if it might not be better to never return......

THE CHARACHTERS:

Director- The alien in charge of running the spaceport Galacticus. Due to legal complications, he is required to accommodate Scott with a room and see to it that his basic living needs are met. He would gladly see Scott thrown out the airlock and ejected to space, but since that would get him fired, he makes it a point to cause trouble for Scott at every turn.

Emily- A General Assistance Unit who nervously maintains order in the port's main hangar bay, and assists visitors with her vast wealth of knowledge. She is the shortest of androids and her eyes are pink. Despite her issues with self-confidence, she takes her job very seriously and does her best to treat visitors with respect.

Mikki- A Specialized Sexual Assistance Unit, who for a fee, assists guests with releasing their mating urges. Her eyes are a bright neon yellow. Always cheerful and happy, she carelessly screws-up nearly every order the Director gives her. But despite her harmless outer appearance, she hides a dark, twisted, secret inside her programming......

Jane- A Specialized Health Assistance Unit with scarlet red eyes who acts as the space port's doctor and is "responsible" for looking after Scott's health. She is perhaps the smartest of assistance units aboard the Galacticus, and an avid lover of science. However, Scott has some suspicions that she might be trying to do away with him after she makes an uncharacteristic mistake that almost kills him.....

"Grey-eyed"- A Security Assistance Unit who makes an appearance in every route. This stern, powerful, guard with grey colored eyes is an android of very few words. He wields a staff with immense strength and moves at speeds quicker than the eye can follow. But despite his frightening atmosphere, he patiently listens when someone talks to him, and Scott comes to find him surprisingly dependable.....

This is the main cast, and they are what I am currently trying to get resources for. I still need BGs and all that jazz, but they don't matter to me as much as getting a set of fully-functional animated models for the main characters.

"Why should I get involved and invest time in this project?"
I already have a complete script for Mikki's route in Ren'py, and in doing that have laid down the basic foundations for other routes. While I do not have the routes for the other 2 heroines (Jane and Emily) wrote yet, I should have them wrote and in script form within the next 6 months.

This may seem like an awful long time. But I need to have the people who are making the artwork doing their thing, so we can consult with each other. For starter's, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW how we can make the animated eyes thing work, so I can plan scenes in other routes/revise Mikki's route to compensate for it.

"So, what are the technical aspects?"
Currently, I'm working off my laptop, and I plan to continue doing so, so this project is all in 16:9 ratio, with the resolution of Ren'py set to 1280*720.

In the department of concept art, I have a set of hideous abominations that do my characters no justice at all. It may not look it, but I tried my best, and this was all I could come up with:

Mikki and Emily:
http://i.imgur.com/F5LwP.png

Director:
http://i.imgur.com/OY9Deh.png
http://i.imgur.com/gkOzIh.png

So, do I have anyone interested?

Cathrynah

Re: Need Long-Term Artists for Characters, BG

#2 Post by Cathrynah »

So What do you need exactly... I can be an artist for CGs and For the Characters. I don't exactly know how to use Ren'py but I can draw. So what do you think? If you want I can show some sketches. :D