needed voice actors for a small project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Badriel
Regular
Completed: Clockwork City
Tumblr: badrielart
Deviantart: badriel

needed voice actors for a small project

#1 Post by Badriel »

Hi, I'm making a small project, which isn't actually a VN, but it's made in RenPy.
It's basically an English lesson for small kids. It's non-commercial, and basically, I've already finished the first "lesson". I've got it all set-up, and it's basically ready for release, but I need some voice actors. It's pretty short, and easy.
Lesson's topic is "Farm Animals"

I need two voice actors, native English speakers, with rather clear accent, 1 guy and 1 girl.

Small teaser:

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Re: needed voice actors for a small project

#2 Post by Gear »

Well, what do you mean by 'clear accent'? Are you looking for Standard American English, Standard British English, or something else entirely? Also, do you have lines for us to try, and where do we send them?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#3 Post by Stripe »

I'm a native English speaker with a British accent. If I can be of any use at all I'd be glad to help! Seconding the question about sample lines~

Badriel
Regular
Completed: Clockwork City
Tumblr: badrielart
Deviantart: badriel

#4 Post by Badriel »

Gear wrote:Well, what do you mean by 'clear accent'? Are you looking for Standard American English, Standard British English, or something else entirely? Also, do you have lines for us to try, and where do we send them?
Stripe wrote:I'm a native English speaker with a British accent. If I can be of any use at all I'd be glad to help! Seconding the question about sample lines~
Thanks for your replies. By 'clear accent', I meant someone who speaks very clearly, considered it's targeted at kids aged 3-7, who have never had any contact with English before.
In total, there's something around 40 lines of text for the boy, and 100 for the girl.
You can send me the samples directly to my email: badriel@o2.pl
I've got the demo already compiled, so if you're interested, I'll send it to you.

A sample of the script:
b "Sara, what's this?"
g "It's a duck"
b "A duck?"
g" Yes, a duck"
b "Is this a duck?"
g "No, it's not a duck!"
g "It's a hen!"

b "A hen?"
g "Yes, it's a hen!"

Hope

#5 Post by Hope »

I would very much like to participate, I believe that I have a clear and easily understandable voice. I have taken a few drama classes if that helps. Please do not be shocked if you get a male voice sample from me. I really hope you consider it, and thank you for taking the time to look at my reply

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#6 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Do you have a rough age for the male part?

Also, do you have a thread or blog for this project? As someone who teaches English to non-native speakers, I'm very interested in this project.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm not a native English speaker, but I believe my voice and accent is clear. Would that be alright?
I'm quite interested. :)

PyroTyguy
Regular
Projects: [working on]: Spring Breeze
Organization: Home-room interactive: Teams 1&2

#8 Post by PyroTyguy »

Hey i would love to be a voice actor but my mic is terrible.... i can offer you help though!! if you go to the website here: [ http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/forum.php ] and put up a recruitment form you will get plenty of applicants
I am the Former H-R Interactive but have changed username to PyroTyguy
Image Image Image