Recruiting most roles for sci-fi bishoujo (unpaid)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Recruiting most roles for sci-fi bishoujo (unpaid)

#1 Post by Raithfyre »

*First off, let me say that this thread has served as recruitment for several other projects. Since I don't want to flood the forums, I edit the OP every time it becomes relevant to a different project. Please note that all posts date before February 21st are irrelevant as of this current update.

Project: Inochi Ni Kakawaru (BxG, Mature Content, BiShoujo, Sci-Fi)
Positions open: Writer, Artist*, Musician*
Art will be completed in a traditional anime style, while musical direction has yet to be determined. As such, we will consider all applicants for music.

Since the detailed project description is quite long, I've attached a link simply to help keep this post a bit tidier. I'll of course give a short summary though.
Description

To put it simply, Inochi is the story of a being created in the image of a mad scientist's son. Created to be a "blank slate," he knows all knowledge that there is to know, but none of the things that a person can know without experiencing. Things like love, and lust, and grief, and anger. Things with textbook definitions but not tangible examples. The robot, named Seishi, will learn these things through his interactions and eventual relationships with any of a number of girls on the island where he "lives." Each representing different themes or emotions, they are the missing link between what Seishi can and can't understand.

*The reason artist and musician are starred is, while we're not actively recruiting, we do lack both those departments. So if the idea is something you feel you'd definitely like to be a part of, then feel free to apply. However, at this stage I can't really give an estimation of workload, besides the fact that we'll need at least five sprite sets. I expect this to be a project spanning a year or two, though of course I have been wrong before.
Last edited by Raithfyre on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 am, edited 11 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Sonder (Multi-Genre) Looking for Artists, Musicians (Unp

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Sounds a bit like Cloud Atlas, a book (and more recently, a movie) with six interrelated stories from different times and places. Though it appears your goal is to get people writing, find ways to link the stories as they are created, and not impose a message over the project. Hopefully you'll have success recruiting people and helping them to get along.

Raithfyre
Regular

#3 Post by Raithfyre »

Cloud Atlas was actually a heavy inspiration for it, as is fairly obvious. We are going for linking the stories rather than a message. Well, besides the one of connectedness, which I think comes organically.

Raithfyre
Regular

#4 Post by Raithfyre »

This offer now extends to writers as well, though we need only one or two at the most.

Edit: This is no longer stands. We've met our quota for writers.
Last edited by Raithfyre on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#5 Post by latte »

How long are each of the stories going to be? Also, at what point are the current members in the project?

Linking such different stories will obviously be a challenge, but a worthy one, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Raithfyre
Regular

#6 Post by Raithfyre »

latte wrote:How long are each of the stories going to be? Also, at what point are the current members in the project?

Linking such different stories will obviously be a challenge, but a worthy one, I wish you guys the best of luck.
Thanks very much. Story length remains to be seen, but I'd expect a medium-length route for each. Our members are all at different points progress-wise. Some have an entire novel's worth drafted, while others are still largely planning (but have some scenes written). I personally have restarted my route entirely, with a brand new story, so I'm not very far at all.

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Re: "Sonder" Looking for Artists, Musicians, Writers (Unpaid

#7 Post by desulishor »

hmm... I'm wondering if there's still room for a writer, who'd be starting from scratch. The basic concept, and writing according to a musical score interests me a bit, and I like writing short slife of life-esque things that are a bit 'disconnected' or so.

Here's some writing samples, but basically, I enjoy writing from a first person perspective and letting the thoughts and observations of the main character influence the narration.
http://desulishor.deviantart.com/art/Da ... ishor&qo=0
http://desulishor.deviantart.com/art/So ... ishor&qo=1
Last edited by desulishor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#8 Post by TakeOverWorld »

Oh, this seems interesting. I'm willing to be an artist, if you'll have me? Here's my deviant art : http://take-over-world.deviantart.com/ , though most of the stuff on that is quite old ^^;

Raithfyre
Regular

#9 Post by Raithfyre »

Desu: We'd be glad to have you! I'll send you a PM briefly. Everyone else please note that this will be our only writing position accepted, though artists and especially musicians are encouraged to apply.

Take: I hope we'd like to have you! I'm posting in the Facebook group to see if those who still need an artist are interested; I'll get back to you soon (I hope)! =D

Guron
Projects: Violence
Organization: Arrival Studios

#10 Post by Guron »

Hey, if you are looking for musicians, then I thought I'd apply. This idea really interests me and I'd like to be a part of it.

If you guys are willing to have me, then this would be my first time working on a game, though I have other experience in making music. I'm pretty versatile, but I especially like making electronic funk or rock (or funkrock, heh), but I like experimenting with different sounds a lot.

Here's a link to my SoundCloud page, if you want to see (or hear, rather) some of my work: https://soundcloud.com/jani-gr-hn

Thanks in advance.

Pirate_affair

#11 Post by Pirate_affair »

Hi, I'm an artist, and this project sounds really interesting! I would very much like to work on this if you'd let me. Samples of my work can be found on http://forbiddenist.deviantart.com. because the works there are pretty old, if you're interested, I could also send you examples if my current work level.

May I have more details as well? Such as whether you would require artists to do the whole concept package (i.e. character designs, backgrounds, architecture, environmental design, clothing design, interface design, logo design...etc), or whether there are additional factors such as animation?
Thank you! :)

BrainDps

#12 Post by BrainDps »

The way you introduced the topic blew me away, never seen cloud atlas so I was completely knocked out of my feet,

I'm looking to be a writer. You can keep me in your surplus if you ever need me.

I have a lot of free time alongside skype. Did I mention I have A LOT of free time?

Anyway, if you ever need an extra imaginative brain for your project, feel free to email me at gianlucaabad@yahoo.com.ph

Good luck!

Amorphous
Regular
Completed: Recording the Predestined Time
Tumblr: beastamorphous
Github: dmliao
Soundcloud: a_morphous
itch: amorphous

Re: "Sonder" Looking for Artists, Musicians (Unpaid)

#13 Post by Amorphous »

Project does seem very interesting, if you still need help, I'm interested in doing so. I'm willing to be either an artist or a musician, but not both at the same time.

Art can be found on my dA: http://beast-amorphous.deviantart.com/ - although some of it is several years out of date.

Music (and some art) can be found on my website: http://beastamorphous.com/#music

Hope I can help with something. :)
Confused person. Makes art and music.
Website | Twitter

Raithfyre
Regular

#14 Post by Raithfyre »

Updated: Still need two artists and a musician! Artists should be competent in anime style; preferred if can do backgrounds and CG as well as character design, but character design is the only requirement. I cannot provide an estimate on number of sprites and CG's required as that will vary by individual path, but expect 5-10 hours' worth of gameplay.

suqling
Projects: Frailty

#15 Post by suqling »

Hi! Pirate_affair sorta told me about Sonder and I got inclined to read up more.. I'm interested to join the team!
I'm capable of working with all said above, or even to doing BG/CGs as support for your other artists. Please have a look at my art and decide what's best for your project.. but because I'm involved with a couple of VNs I'm a little concerned with the intensity of the deadlines-- I hope it's not a fast-paced production..?